• Register
  • Help
Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By BIGRR
  • 1 Post By schlitzaugen

Thread: 205 register????

Icon14 205 register????

“205 REGISTER”??????

What about an Australasian aussiefrogs: Peugeot 205 Register ("Sticky”)?
    It would be good to find out how many are left and to track them!
    (It could be a base for all other Froggie models too?)

Could it be based on the existing thread “Australian 16v205 register” started by Karoshi. (Sample below).
    It could be used to register ALL 205s (Standard or otherwise).
    Each 205 registration sheet could be numbered as registered. (ie 1 - ?) increasing by one digit as you post
    the information on the thread.

· The existing 20516v registered sheets could be cut and pasted across?
    · A couple of pics could be added?
    · Is there a computer guru out there willing to create some kind of standard data base that could be used?

Thoughts?........

SAMPLE:
    CAR Make & No: “X”
    OWNER: Aussiefrogger.
    DATE: 1/12/2011
    BUILD DATE: 7/'92
    ORIGINAL MODEL: GTi
    VIN:
    OWNED SINCE: 2005
    COLOUR: White
    SEATS: 1 or 2
    SUNROOF: No
    INTERIOR: None
    ROLL CAGE: Yes
    ENGINE: XU10J4
    VALVES: 16, custom 36.5mm/30.0mm
    CAPACITY: 1998cc
    INDUCTION: 48mm EFI Hardware TB's
    SUPERCHARGER/TURBOCHARGER: No
    INLET CAM: 16S400A
    EXHAUST CAM: 16S402A
    PISTONS: Wiseco flat top forged
    COMPRESSION: 11.5:1
    INTERCOOLER: N/A
    INLET MANIFOLD: custom, made from XU9J4
    EXHAUST MANIFOLD: GTi6, ceramic coated
    INJECTORS: Bosch 0 280 150 803
    AIRFILTER: Custom
    FUEL PUMP: Standard
    SUMP: Custom
    ECU: Haltech Sport 1000
    IGNITION: M&W Pro-14, Bosch MEC718 coils (x4)
    EXHAUST: 2.25"
    POWER AT WHEELS: 132kW
    TORQUE MAX: ???
    REV LIMIT: 8200
    FUEL CONSUMPTION:
    CLUTCH: 1.9L Mi16
    GEAR BOX/RATIO'S:
    1st 2.92
    2nd 1.85
    3rd 1.36
    4th 1.069
    5th 0.865
    QUICKSHIFT: Custom, rod ends all joints
    DIFF: Tran-X, 4.75:1
    SUSPENSION: Front - DMS coil overs, Rear - Bilstein, 23mm torsion bars, 25mm ARB
    BRAKES: Front GTi6, Rear Std
    WHEELS: 15x6, 15x7
    MOTORSPORT: CSCA Supersprint Series, Class Non-Marque 3A
    BEST CIRCUIT TIMES:
    HILLClIMB TIMES?
    DRAG TIMES?
    60ft?
    1/4 mile?
    Terminal speed?
    OTHER COMMENTS:*
    Dyno sheets?
    Drag Stripsheets?

Advertisement
    parry, acf321, PeterT and 1 others like this.
    Present fleet:-
    Peugeot 93' 205 Gti 16v
    Peugeot 73' 504 Ti from new
    Peugeot 08' 407 Hdi Coupe from new

Previous fleet:-
    Peugeot 95' 605 Sv
    Peugeot 92' 205 Gti
    Renault 72' 16TS from new
    Renault 69' 10
    Renault 71' 10s
    Renault 68' 10 from new

"Be reasonable do it my way!"

great idea Rob ...

I'm IN! The Porsche guys do it and it's a brilliant resource. Maybe not needing as much detail, but I was only wondering why we did not have one of these already. Maybe have one for 405MI16's too?

I should really update that data.....

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

Fellow Frogger!

[QUOTE=BIGRR;1474746] “205 REGISTER”??????

What about an Australasian aussiefrogs: Peugeot 205 Register ("Sticky”)?
    It would be good to find out how many are left and to track them!
    (It could be a base for all other Froggie models too?)

· The existing 20516v registered sheets could be cut and pasted across?
    · A couple of pics could be added?
    · Is there a computer guru out there willing to create some kind of standard data base that could be used?

Thoughts?........

Well I could look at expanding the functionality of 205gti.info to capture/display this kind of information if ppl are interested.

I am about to expand what's on this site with engine/paint/trim/gearbox info so this could fit in with this.

Currently I have base data on (engine/paint/trim/serial numbers/options) for 120 AU GTi's and around 18 Si's although some of these are not AFers or possibly not still in existence.
    Last edited by ng850; 13th September 2016 at 10:10 AM.

I think it would be hard to keep track and update all those cars over time hence the list would be irrelevant shortly after inception. Imagine a car used rarely and mainly for all sorts of mods that take long to implement. What does that say about the car? Not much.

I think it would be more relevant to have a much shorter summary about each car. For instance MY(e.g. MAR1987, whatever), state (e.g. chicken pen/POS/shabby/not-too-shabbyG/VG/Nicely used original/showroom/etc) and use (daily/occasional/WE, etc), perhaps briefly mention mods if any. From that we would get a much better idea of what the cars are like and how they're likely to evolve as time goes by.
    Last edited by schlitzaugen; 12th September 2016 at 07:30 PM.
    lozenge likes this.
    ACHTUNG ALLES LOOKENPEEPERS

Das computermachine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitssparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken bei das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets-relaxen und watch das blinkenlights.

Great idea, I'll be in on that.

Do any of the car clubs have 205 registers?

You would for sure need to have the VIN to be certain that the cars are unique through the years as they're "spotted" or contributed. In 404 circles, we have 2044 Coupé and Cabriolets as well as 3230 Sedans, Wagons and Utes, all by VIN or body number.
    1966 Peugeot 404 Coupé Injection post-restoration reassembly underway!
    Register your 404: https://recensement.leclub404.com/submit.php

Yeah, sorry, that was what I was thinking of when I said MY. I was thinking VIN. Now it is questionable if most people would want to put such details here given how much you hear about engine swaps and so on.

Das computermachine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitssparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken bei das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets-relaxen und watch das blinkenlights.

Registers that I've used in the past that have worked well included the VIN and then the factory configuration & options, then after that any modifications and owners history.

Aren't you duplicating the work of the Peugeot club?

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
    Aren't you duplicating the work of the Peugeot club?
    Well down in here in 'sunny' Melbourne, I know that as far as the 205s are concerned, there is scant information registered with the PCCV and I would assume like down here, there are many 205 owners around who aren't members of any of the state based clubs but are on AF.

Yes VINs for some reason are guarded more jealously than inside leg measurements by some people. I don't quite understand this with regular GTi's although some might be protective if its a limited edition model like a Classic or 1FM... but these are all now documented anyhoo.

Seeings how regular GTi's sometime fetch stratospheric prices in the UK and there is never a mention of matching body/engine numbers, its a bit of mystery to me... happy to be edumecated.

Quote Originally Posted by ng850 View Post
    Well down in here in 'sunny' Melbourne, I know that as far as the 205s are concerned, there is scant information registered with the PCCV and I would assume like down here, there are many 205 owners around who aren't members of any of the state based clubs but are on AF.

Yes VINs for some reason are guarded more jealously than inside leg measurements by some people. I don't quite understand this with regular GTi's although some might be protective if its a limited edition model like a Classic or 1FM... but these are all now documented anyhoo.

Seeings how regular GTi's sometime fetch stratospheric prices in the UK and there is never a mention of matching body/engine numbers, its a bit of mystery to me... happy to be edumecated.
    You are kinda answering your own question. Prices on the rise feed hope that any POS will one day cover the retirement fund shortfall. Information at large can be a problem then.

Matching numbers are easily verified once the bonnet is up but how much does that say about an original car? Now, if you could take the head off...

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by schlitzaugen View Post
    You are kinda answering your own question. Prices on the rise feed hope that any POS will one day cover the retirement fund shortfall. Information at large can be a problem then.

Matching numbers are easily verified once the bonnet is up but how much does that say about an original car? Now, if you could take the head off...
    I don't really think I was answering my question... although the voices in my head do sometimes :-)

My point is that we only have 205GTi's and Si's over here so there probably isn't going to be any POS's trying to be clever... it's not like the old skool Cooper S rebirthing that was popular once. Maybe I'm just not devious enough.

You haven't seen the ads some time ago for "pristine" cars going for 12k or so, then moving up to 15k (the same car)?

Is the 205gti.info able to be expanded to this functionality?
    With registered members access to view data?
    How many cars are already on that list?

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by schlitzaugen View Post
    You haven't seen the ads some time ago for "pristine" cars going for 12k or so, then moving up to 15k (the same car)?
    I'm not sure how a detailed inventory of GTi's is going to make this situation worse... ppl will ask what they like for a vehicle... and the market will decide what its worth.

Apart from the the recent low mileage minter that was recently sold in the UK, it seems the other high priced GTi's were bought by collectors/inverstors with deep pockets and were happy to pay whatever the asking price was for a heavily restored GTi and perhaps not necessarily the type of person who hangs out here or on 205gtiDrivers.

You missed all the fun.

I didn't suggest an inventory would make this (or any other) situation worse (or better). I suggested that such a list will probably end up with the cars we already know. Very little chance some remote area 205 owner who has not found Aussiefrogs yet would join and bring a long lost car back to the fold.

Those people I mentioned above are not going to join, nor are they going to list their cars here so it's totally irrelevant.

I'm in!

The 205 classic register here on aussiefrogs is preety cool!
    205 GTi T16

205 CTi

Does anyone know of a good base register?

People should only fill in the parts they feel comfortable with. They would not have to give away their secrets!

If we can find a good base register then, the only thing left is to jointly amend it to suit froggie cars and find a computer Guru that could set it up to work here.
    Peugeot 93' 205 Gti 16v

Peugeot 95' 605 Sv
    Peugeot 92' 205 Gti
    Renault 69' 10
    Renault 71' 10s
    Renault 68' 10 from new

There are 205s coming out of the woodwork lately!
    Peugeot 93' 205 Gti 16v

Peugeot 95' 605 Sv
    Peugeot 92' 205 Gti
    Renault 69' 10
    Renault 71' 10s
    Renault 68' 10 from new

Fellow Frogger!

You need to also think about who is going to admister the database on a regular basis as Mike Tippet does for 404's.
    The PCCof NSW Inc does not have a register of any models other than cars on historic plates.

Thread Information