Peugeot 205 gti radiator
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default Peugeot 205 gti radiator

I recently purchased a new radiation for the 205 gti. The radiator supplied was a Marelli brand which is able to be I used for both 205 Si and 205 gti. When used on a 205 gti the left hand side has an opening that would normally have the water level sensor on the 205 Si. What have other 205 gti owners done to seal this opening? I believe there was a blanking plate available though it is not available from Peugeot. Can anyone advise what they have done

Advertisement

I had the same problem. It seems they haven't updated the ad to indicate that this is not included still!

I ended up getting one of the water level sensors and fitted that to block it off. My interim measure was to get a metal blanking plug from a plumbing / gas pipe shop and using a hose and two clamps to hold it on top.

Best of luck.
    Lotus Evora
    Peugeot 308 GTi
    1966 Volvo 122s
    Clio Sport Cup 182

Previous
    Lotus Sport 111, C4 VTS, RCZ, 205 GTi, Volvo C30 T5-R, Honda S2000, 206 GTi180, Lotus Elise 111R, 205 GTi 6, Manual 406 coupe, 306 GTi 6, 405 MI16 (twice!), 505 GR

You should be able to get a brass BSP plug from an auto store, or plumbing store. Does the unit have a spec sheet listing the connection sizes and types?

Fellow Frogger!

No spec sheet provided, if I can get hold of a Si level sensor that seems to be the way to go

Bunnings or plumbing store will have the brass bsb threaded plugs. Just go in there with the radiator and match it up. Level sensors are not easy to come by.
    205 GTi T16

205 CTi

Default Peugeot 205 gti radiator

From memory there was nothing with the same thread available locally. Def worth a look though.
    Lotus Evora
    Peugeot 308 GTi
    1966 Volvo 122s
    Clio Sport Cup 182

Previous
    Lotus Sport 111, C4 VTS, RCZ, 205 GTi, Volvo C30 T5-R, Honda S2000, 206 GTi180, Lotus Elise 111R, 205 GTi 6, Manual 406 coupe, 306 GTi 6, 405 MI16 (twice!), 505 GR

What thread is it? And what does the level sender look like? My Si wreck had a front end shunt and the radiator was mincemeat when I got it.
    ACHTUNG ALLES LOOKENPEEPERS

Das computermachine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitssparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken bei das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets-relaxen und watch das blinkenlights.

Fellow Frogger!

From the PSA parts sites, it appears the GTi and Si sensor have the same part number so either should do.

Thread Information