• Help
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By lion5
  • 1 Post By lion5
  • 1 Post By borosa

Thread: Unlock CD changer 206 GTI 180

Default Unlock CD changer 206 GTI 180

Hi everyone

I'm looking to add Bluetooth/Aux/USB using a plug and play adapter seen on good ole eBay - https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/221742757990

Advertisement

After some research it looks like you need to unlock the cd changer feature on the original Clarion RD3 head unit so you can use the steering stalk controls and for it to display on screen.

Has anyone unlocked the cd changer using the PP2000 diag tool or similar?

If yes, I would love to hear from you!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2006 Peugeot 206 GTi 180

yeap you'll need a PP2000 + laptop
    its a simple setting in the diag thing that lets you disable/enable it. I'm not sure if it actually made a difference though, i haven't tried running my unit with the thing disabled

Just a heads up: my cd changer faker fu*king sucks btw, turns out the contacts between the wire sender that plugs into the back on my head unit, and the actual module are different metals.
    This means that over time a battery forms between the two pins, and i get lots of losses, and channel splitting etc.

I drive with earphone snow because I also was getting deaf from playing my music so loud and big ass trucks swooshing past. No one realises how fundamentally new driving at 80km/h with wind swooshing past is to human evolution - that shit deafens you.
    cheekyage likes this.
    Pour le peuple colonisé, la valeur la plus essentielle, parce que la plus concrète, c'est d'abord la terre: la terre qui doit assurer le pain et, bien sûr, la dignité.

Hey lion5

Thanks heaps for your informative reply, sounds like you had fun and games with your setup!

So do you think the cd changer is already enabled and I won't need PP2000?

2006 Peugeot 206 GTi 180

Fellow Frogger!

For the cost of that, put a new headunit in.
    The fascia is really easy to remove, and it plugs up with ISO plugs.
    If you get an alpine, I've even got a steering control stalk adapter that I don't need anymore.

The stock head unit is pants.
    1984 505 Executive Auto

206 GTi 180 - '804 Cat Cams, Jenvey DBW 48mm ITB's, AT Power Dry Sump, Emtron KV8 ECU, HP Electronik PDM, AIM MXS Dash, Custom Wiring Harness. AST Camber Tops & Coilovers, -2deg camber hubs by Frogstomp Racing, 24mm Torsion Bars, AP Racing brakes, Custom Radiator and Oil cooler, 3J Plate LSD, E85.

Sandown - 1:31.5, Winton - 1:40.2, Wakefield - 1:11.05, Phillip Island - 1:55.9
    Nürburgring - 10:23.ish (Fiesta ST)

hard to say dude. I would think that it would be yes.

If i still had my laptop i'd do it for you myself
    cheekyage likes this.
    Pour le peuple colonisé, la valeur la plus essentielle, parce que la plus concrète, c'est d'abord la terre: la terre qui doit assurer le pain et, bien sûr, la dignité.

I have the PP2000, interface cable and the laptop. I'm in Penrith and I purchased it about 3 years back for this exact same reason for my 307 Pug. Change made and now I have an AUX input which I feed the output of a Jabra bluetooth unit into the head unit to enjoy my Spotify on the road.
    If you're close by, happy to do the programming for you here, just PM me.
    cheekyage likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by borosa View Post
    I have the PP2000, interface cable and the laptop. I'm in Penrith and I purchased it about 3 years back for this exact same reason for my 307 Pug. Change made and now I have an AUX input which I feed the output of a Jabra bluetooth unit into the head unit to enjoy my Spotify on the road.
    If you're close by, happy to do the programming for you here, just PM me.
    Thanks borosa, really appreciate the kind offer.

Will be keen to hear about how your solution works.

2006 Peugeot 206 GTi 180

Thread Information