[2017] New Peugeot 5008 is coming too !!!
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Pugster

Thread: [2017] New Peugeot 5008 is coming too !!!

Fellow Frogger!

Icon12 [2017] New Peugeot 5008 is coming too !!!

Hi,

A few months after the reveal of the new 3008, Peugeot presents today their "big" 7-seater SUV, as replacement of the current 5008 van

Peugeot Debuts All-New 5008 As A 7-Seater SUV

Peugeot Australia already too decision to import the 3008 II for the start of next year, let's see if they will take the same for the new 5008...

Advertisement

Fellow Frogger!

So is this a totally in-house design, or a Mitsubishi? Next question: does it have 4WD, as an option?
    1966 Peugeot 404 Coupé Injection post-restoration reassembly underway!
    Register your 404: https://recensement.leclub404.com/submit.php

Fellow Frogger!

Totally in-house Mike, it's based on the 3008
    No 4WD though
    Mike Tippett likes this.

Gone Fishin'

How many actually need AWD in any case?.
    To me, with 50 years of FWD experience, I rate ground clearance and tyre choice as the priority, unless you're into the over regulated Victorian managed snow fields or extreme 'green laneing'.

Fellow Frogger!

Paris Auto Show soon. It is based on the new infrastructure of the current 308 and similar to the new 3008 but bigger. I like the styling better than the more compact 3008 and it will probably sell to those families who drive seven seaters to school etc. There will probably be a Hybrid electric four wheel drive somewhere, but do you need it? SUVs are just high volume people movers, boringly common, uncool, higher Center of Gravity, and have a high frontal area so will never be as fuel efficient or as aerodynamically quick as a sedan or coupe. Ageing populations like them because the seat high is similar to a wheel chair or table chair height. It is amazing how many people buy SUVs for ease of entry & exit due to the seat height.

Fellow Frogger!

First pics live from Paris Motorshow !!!!
    http://twitter.com/daviecaal/status/780467486466727936

Gone Fishin'

Quote Originally Posted by halfamill View Post
    Paris Auto Show soon. It is based on the new infrastructure of the current 308 and similar to the new 3008 but bigger. I like the styling better than the more compact 3008 and it will probably sell to those families who drive seven seaters to school etc. There will probably be a Hybrid electric four wheel drive somewhere, but do you need it? SUVs are just high volume people movers, boringly common, uncool, higher Center of Gravity, and have a high frontal area so will never be as fuel efficient or as aerodynamically quick as a sedan or coupe. Ageing populations like them because the seat high is similar to a wheel chair or table chair height. It is amazing how many people buy SUVs for ease of entry & exit due to the seat height.
    My knees know all about that, plus the competition to see past the other trucks

Sent from my iPad using aussiefrogs

Thread Information