HELP 405 Mi16 Oil Sensors - Page 2
  • Register
  • Help
Page 2 of 2 First 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: HELP 405 Mi16 Oil Sensors

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by pugwash View Post
    Could also be the seal between the block and the heat exchanger ,gone brittle ,it may seem a big job but the wiring in that area is prone to be oil and heat effected so removing the inlet manifold and having a good clean up in that area is not a bad idea ,if you have the time ,pugs ps although there are a few plastic bits that could be damaged on the way
    I'm not certain were the heat exchanger is,and I don't think I've heard of it before. Where is it on the block exactly? Do you mean the radiator (I'm thinking we have a different term for it here) ?

Advertisement

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by Stuey View Post
    I reckon the rubber oil hoses are leaking. I replaced mine with Baker silicone ones in black, and it stopped my leak completely.
    Any specific hoses or did you replace them all? I'd have to take each one to the parts store and match them up with replacements or order online by part number.

1000+ Posts

I replaced all the ones on the front of the block, under the inlet manifold, with black silicone hoses by Baker BM. They are sold by a shop in NZ, but you might be better trying the UK.

The heat exchanger is the unit under the oil filter, which cools the oil. It's an oil cooler by other name, 'exchanging' heat between coolant and oil.

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

1000+ Posts

Under ,as in between the block and the oil ,filter ,is screws onto the block the filter screws onto it ,it has a couple of heater hoses attached for coolant ,hope that clarifies pugs

Heat exchanger is another name for oil cooler.
    ACHTUNG ALLES LOOKENPEEPERS

Das computermachine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitssparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken bei das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets-relaxen und watch das blinkenlights.

Tadpole

Good news, I've ordered the sensors thanks to you guys! I got them off of Amazon UK, but they are taking forever to arrive.

While that is shipping, can anyone supply a guide or diagram to the intake manifold disassembly and anything else I have to remove to get to the sensor?

Tadpole

Has anyone managed to change the oil pressure switch without removing the manifold?
    Peugeot 405 Mi16 1989
    Peugeot 3008 Active 2013
    Volvo S40 T5 2004

1000+ Posts

Long time since I looked under one but I reckon there would be a way from u/neath.May have to remove oil filter.If not it is not a huge job to remove manifold.S2 was a little trickier??

yeh its prob possible from underneath, i would also remove oil filler tube and you might have a chance.... it would still be a bit of a trick unless you had uni-joint arms and wrist and/or skinny arms....
    89 Pug 405 Mi16
    Possibly for sale....

WRECKING/ Parts Car:
    Blue 89 405 Mi16

Tadpole

I got it done yesterday, got a 22mm socket in from the left of the manifold. Only needed to remove the bracing between the manifold and engine mount.
    Peugeot 405 Mi16 1989
    Peugeot 3008 Active 2013
    Volvo S40 T5 2004

Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread Information