Brake line 504
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Brake line 504

Tadpole

Default Brake line 504

Hey, I've been having some problems with screwing in the brake line on my 1973 Peugeot 504 and was wondering if there was a trick to it? Or maybe it's a known issue that the thread on these bolts are hard to locate onto the caliper?

Advertisement

Fellow Frogger!

It is a matter of care and patience particularly if you have bent the pipe. only use finger pressure until you are sure you have got the thread started or you will strip the threads and be in deep sh..t. I assume you are playing with a rear caliper. If so it is easier if the caliper is not bolted on so you can adjust the angles of the pipe and caliper. There is also a slight possibility that the thread was already damaged previously.

Theswap,
    The thread type was changed at a certain year model. Under bonnet decal will have detail.

Yes, theswap.....we need a little more information. Are you putting on a different secondhand caliper ? If so, it has to match, as Wildebeest says.

If it's the old caliper which has been temporarily disconnected, what Ianrobbo says is good advice.

Thread Information