Good Rubber
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Good Rubber

Good Rubber

Just fitted 4 Bridgestone Potenza G3's to the rocket. Really nice in the wet but a bit of understeer on hard cornering in the dry. I'm having the wheel alignment checked though as it's starting to pull left when I accelerate. Has this happened to any other 306s out there? what was the fix?

Advertisement
    Peugeot 306 GTi6
    Peugeot 205 GTiS2, you want it? call me 0414 996 499,

Long time no hear Walshe! I've never had an alignment problems with the GTi6.

Wanna catch up for a ride soon? I rode Bumble Hill at Yarramalong (Commonwealth Bank Classic used to do it) on the weekend...it hurt...lots cry
    - Lincoln

Contribute to the World Community Grid.

Not torque steering by any chance? Pulls to one side under heavy acceleration.

My BX16V did this after I fitted directionel Falkens to the front. Great tyre but just got this one strange trait.

Alan S cheers!
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

Stu from North Shore found out what was wrong. Last february, Asquith and Johnstone fitted new lower control arms to both sides. I took the car back about a week later with a clunk in my front end...... they changed my top engine mount and told me that the suspension was fine, even though when I went over a bump, I could feel the clunk through the steering and hear it clearly as a suspension noise. Not that I would know, I'm only a f%#^&ing mechanic, no, I'm a f%$#îng Peugeot mechanic. The arseholes left the control arms loose, even after I took the car back a third time. DICKHEADS!!!!!!

NEVER GO THERE!!!!

All fixed now, cars a treat, it even goes in a straight line!!!! :p
    Peugeot 306 GTi6
    Peugeot 205 GTiS2, you want it? call me 0414 996 499,

Thread Information