306 major work this weekend Help
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Icon10 306 major work this weekend Help

Hi Guys Iam another of those Scots or "jocks" who have found the aussie frogs boards to be one of the best on the net.Hope you can help with some advice on the best way to do the job and if any special tool are needed.

Iam planning to renew the front discs and lower balljoints and replace the control arm bushes both the "P"shaped and "0" on both sides.

I would also like to change the brake fluid at some point so any advice on what to use and how to install it would be great

My car is 2000 HDI 306 Dturbo in factory black with AC.

thanks in advavce for the info!
    (and now i get to do ME ozzy accent G`day sport)

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by PUGGSY
    Iam planning to renew the front discs and lower balljoints and replace the control arm bushes both the "P"shaped and "0" on both sides.

I would also like to change the brake fluid at some point so any advice on what to use and how to install it would be great
    Front disks are easy, just make sure you have a phillips head which fits the retaining screw on the disk well, otherwise it will burr it.

The lower control arm comes away from the strut with a little bit of force. You have to lossen all the bolts on the bushes end of the control arm, then prise the arm away from the hub using a long screw driver, but it's not an easy job to get the bushes off. I tried to get mine off and couldn't. They are pressed on and need some MAJOR work on them to get them off and back on. I ended up taking mine to a mechanic after I had realised this once I had the arm out.

The ball joint is held to the control arm by 3 star headed bolts. Should be easy to get off provided you have the right tool.
    B to the R to the A from the D
    1994 MX5 Clubman...are you sure it's not French?

Thread Information