Peugeot 406 HDI - fiery animals
  • Register
  • Help

Peugeot 406 HDI - fiery animals

the following post lifted from UK web site FYI
    Super fiery animals
    I noticed that a reader's Peugeot 406 HDI recently caught fire and thought the following information might be useful. I work in the fire investigation business and there have been dozens of incidents involving 406 HDIs this year. It affects only 2002-03 model year cars — the first to feature full multiplex wiring. The problem is associated with the control module for the front-mounted engine cooling/air-conditioning fan. Fires usually occur after the car has been parked for several hours, although in one case a car ignited while being driven. Peugeot has been aware of the problem for many months and, frankly, the 307 HDI is not much better.
    Telegraph.co.uk
    Motoring section
    warning , warning a_drink

Advertisement
    Cheers- GavinS 25 GTX 1987 build 2165cc auto - TBR. Renault is properly pronounced "Rhen-oh."
    .......................................Nissan Skyline (daily driver)
    Seek the blindspot and unknown of The Johari Window.

Fellow Frogger!
    Spontaneous combustion, you've got to love that! Maybe it's just Peugeot engineers misunderstanding the new european car recycling regulations wink

This reminds me of a friend of mine in high school (1970s). His uncle in Germany had a CitroŽn DS 21 Pallas. One night it caught fire in his garage and was toasted along with the garage (fortunately, not an attached garage as is the custom in North America).

So he bought another one, a DS 23 Injection. It burned to the ground a year later. Needless to say, the uncle went back to German cars after that
    -Mike
    1966 404 Coupť KF2
    1989 405 DL
    2005 smart fortwo cdi cabrio

Thread Information