What is the 205 Christmas Tree lights all mean?
  • Register
  • Help

What is the 205 Christmas Tree lights all mean?

I saw a light on my 205 GTi tonight and I have no idea what it is.

The bottom light is blue (high beam)
    The next one up indicates low beam
    the one above that (green light bulb thingy) came on tonight...

What's that indicate?

THanks

Advertisement
    Pugsley The 1987 205 GTi Peugeot

thats just the main headlight lamp?

nJm
    Might be for parking lights?
    Nick
    1983 Peugeot 505 GR

"All of its cars from the 1.1 litre 205 through the ugly duckling 309 to the 2.2 litre 505 GTi had a rightness and a righteousness about them that turned every humdrum drive into a journey. Someone, I once wrote, in the bowels of Peugeot understands handling and how a chassis should feel." - Jeremy Clarkson

Sounds like a front fog light warning light to me.

Cheers

Rod
    Rod's Home Page

Rod's car page

Peugeot 4008 2016Peugeot 407 SV HDi estate 2008, Peugeot 407 SV Hdi Sedan 2006, (deadish), - Previously 403s, 404, 504, 505 sLI Wagons, 406 ST 1997, 307 XSE, 306 XSi, Renault 12, Citroen DSpecial

Rod Hagen:
    Sounds like a front fog light warning light to me.

Cheers

Rod
    Well.. my fog ligts don't work.. the rear one does, but the front ones don't...

I haven't had the time to look into that yet (other issues to solve first such as clutch being done this w/end. yay!!!!)

Justin
    Pugsley The 1987 205 GTi Peugeot

Fellow Frogger!
    That first light is for parkers, 205's don't have fog lights they have spot-lights, when you flick on high beam your rear fog light will turn off and the spot lights will come on, a bit of a weird french thing to do!!

Good luck with clutch..
    05' Megane 225 Cup

Whoops, for some reason I thought we were talking about a 206! (Not that I'm sure about the lights on these either- the description actually reminded me of the front fog warning light on our 306XSi).

Cheers

Rod
    Rod's Home Page

Rod's car page

Peugeot 4008 2016Peugeot 407 SV HDi estate 2008, Peugeot 407 SV Hdi Sedan 2006, (deadish), - Previously 403s, 404, 504, 505 sLI Wagons, 406 ST 1997, 307 XSE, 306 XSi, Renault 12, Citroen DSpecial

Guys,

205's do have fog lights. Which are lights designed to cast a low and wide band of light below the drivers eye level. This, therefore, doesn't create the problem that head lights do when they reflect the light back to the driver from the moisture in the air. The ideal fog light has a seperate switch so they can be used with out the head lights.

Spot lights are an after market option (on most cars) designed to cast a spot of light (hence the name) toward it's target. Used for hunting and on emergency vehicles to find street numbers at night, etc.

And just for the record driving lights are the lights next to the head lights which are designed to cast light down the road (think country road at night). These are designed to come on with the head lights and are mainly on euro cars. They can be startling if used during the day to drivers travelling in the opposite direction.

So.... the foggies on a stock 205 should only come on only with the head light high beam and the light your talking about from memory sounds like the parking lamp. In otherwords the first twist of the stalk activates this light.

In the meantime I'll check for other warning lights in that area on my drive home.

Luca.

Thread Information