206 motorshow car at Taylors
  • Register
  • Help

Default 206 motorshow car at Taylors

For the Adelaide residents out there. There's a 206 rally car which was meant to be at the Adelaide motorshow this year but just missed the final entry date. So instead, it's sitting in Taylors of Medindie showroom. It looks the real deal, but speaking to one of the salesman, the engine isn't the rallycar's. Other than that, it's got the real rollcage, wheels and from what I could see, suspension and massive brakes, and of course that outrageous bodykit!

Advertisement

I would forego my left testicle for a drive in one of those real rally cars.
    Take the long way home....

- 306 gti6

1000+ Posts

That's the car that was at the start of the Redex Rerun right? From memory that has a 1.4L 8v engine (same as 206 XR, Cit C3 and Berlingo) just so it can be moved around.

Looks awesome

Derek

Quote Originally Posted by DeKa
    That's the car that was at the start of the Redex Rerun right? From memory that has a 1.4L 8v engine (same as 206 XR, Cit C3 and Berlingo) just so it can be moved around.

Looks awesome

Derek
    What's the redex rerun?

You're probably right about the 1.4L 8V in it. The rest of it looked the part though, though it didn't have any of the trick electronics in the interior. Prolly just a rally lookalike, but the brakes and all that looked serious..though I guess they'd have to get those things looking right if they wanted it to be taken seriously. Yep it sure looked awesome! Slicks and all..just ready for a tarmac stage
    Take the long way home....

- 306 gti6

Quote Originally Posted by DeKa

Looks awesome

Derek
    Yeah that's the car! I was in there this morning dropping my car off - getting the rear main oil seal done, waterpump changed etc Was kinda hoping that they would give me that as my loaner for a couple of days. Had a good look over it and was disappointed to see it's a 1.4 - hell I dont care - would get more looks than my 206 GTi any day! I'll settle for the 405 SRI that I have for the next couple of days.

Michael
    Murray : And there are flames coming from the back of Prost's car as he enters the swimming pool!
    James Hunt: Well that should put them out then!

Mallala: 1:30.79

Does the car look this one? This car was at the Perth Auto Expo last year.

Troy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 206 motorshow car at Taylors-206.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by TroyO
    Does the car look this one? This car was at the Perth Auto Expo last year.

Troy.
    Yes but - it's now painted Red in the 2003 WRC Livery (with Marlboro sponsorship) If they still have it there when i pick up my car tomorrow i'll take a photo.

Michael
    Murray : And there are flames coming from the back of Prost's car as he enters the swimming pool!
    James Hunt: Well that should put them out then!

Mallala: 1:30.79

Quote Originally Posted by gti138
    Yes but - it's now painted Red in the 2003 WRC Livery (with Marlboro sponsorship) If they still have it there when i pick up my car tomorrow i'll take a photo.

Michael
    Well it looks like the car has made it over to Perth. Saw it in Allpikes showroom on the way to work this morning. I am assuming it will be on display at the Perth Motor Show next weekend.

Troy.

Thread Information