non-ABS Mi16s
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: non-ABS Mi16s

Fellow Frogger!

Default non-ABS Mi16s

I looked at a May 1992 Mi16 today. It was pretty good, and low kms too. 15 inch wheels with durango tyres, nice straight body, drives well. Owned by a guy in his 60's.

But it doesn't have ABS. IIRC the last series 1 cars, before series 2, canned the ABS, leather, sunroof etc in order to drop the price below the PJ Keating luxury car price threshold.

What's the consensus on non-ABS Mi16s? Is it a serious omission, or in practice makes little difference? I know it is probably one less thing to go wrong.

Lastly, what effect on price should this have?

Advertisement

Thanks,

Barry.

Quote Originally Posted by barryg
    I looked at a May 1992 Mi16 today. It was pretty good, and low kms too. 15 inch wheels with durango tyres, nice straight body, drives well. Owned by a guy in his 60's.

But it doesn't have ABS. IIRC the last series 1 cars, before series 2, canned the ABS, leather, sunroof etc in order to drop the price below the PJ Keating luxury car price threshold.

What's the consensus on non-ABS Mi16s? Is it a serious omission, or in practice makes little difference? I know it is probably one less thing to go wrong.

Lastly, what effect on price should this have?

Thanks,

Barry.

I wouldnt let it worry me. My series one ABS is terrible. The ABS warning light lights up after about five mins of driving and as a result the ABS shuts itself off. I've had it looked at a couple of times but no one can tell me whats the problem. I am toying with the idea of pulling it out altogether, when I find some time . I do know of another series one, and the ABS is perfect, so maybe I'm just unlucky. The lack of ABS should definately be of a concern price wise though... at least $1000 off the price

Ky

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

ky

it's normally only a dirty sensor

mine did it once on the Mi-16 i had and i cleaned everything and it never happened again
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x 2018 3008

1 x 2000 Citroen XM,

1 x '98 306 GTi6 sadly sold

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

Quote Originally Posted by pugrambo
    ky

it's normally only a dirty sensor

mine did it once on the Mi-16 i had and i cleaned everything and it never happened again
    Sean

Thats the first thing we checked, it was dirty but still no good. I even took it to alpine motors to get them to clean it you... still no good. Maybe a faulty sensor...?

Ky

Thread Information