• Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dj4llen

Thread: New To Peugeot

Fellow Frogger!

Default New To Peugeot

Hello,

I've been a MX-5 then BMW driver for most of my driving life but I recently found myself down on my luck and driving a 205 banger - the car was a revelation to me. I don't recall enjoy driving so much as I have the 205 SI; I can only imagine how great it is for those of you driving 205 GTIs!

So I've been bitten by the Peugeot bug and now drive a 206 GTI. The 206 isn't as much fun to drive as the 205 was, but it's nice to be back into a more modern car and I'm thankful for the extra power.

Advertisement

Funny, while I was driving the 205 SI I longed for a 205 GTI and now I drive a 206 GTI I long for a 206 GTI 180...
    SilverGTi_6 likes this.

You could almost have a few nice Pugs for the cost of rebuilding an E60 manual gearbox! Cheap entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by dj4llen View Post
    Hello,

I've been a MX-5 then BMW driver for most of my driving life but I recently found myself down on my luck and driving a 205 banger - the car was a revelation to me. I don't recall enjoy driving so much as I have the 205 SI; I can only imagine how great it is for those of you driving 205 GTIs!

So I've been bitten by the Peugeot bug and now drive a 206 GTI. The 206 isn't as much fun to drive as the 205 was, but it's nice to be back into a more modern car and I'm thankful for the extra power.

Funny, while I was driving the 205 SI I longed for a 205 GTI and now I drive a 206 GTI I long for a 206 GTI 180...
    it's good and appropriate that a 205 brought you into the Pug fold.
    yes, it is funny, however much power a car has it's never quite enough.
    reminds me of an English F1 driver years ago, talking about the jump from F3
    into F1, something like "at first I was blown away by the power, but in no time
    at all I was saying to the mechanics 'this thing couldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding!' "

I don't recall enjoy driving so much as I have the 205 SI; I can only imagine how great it is for those of you driving 205 GTIs!
    My thoughts exactly!

Icon6

Hello,

G'day,
    quite right too.

Welcome to Aussiefrogs.

regards,
    Les W.

206 GTi 180
    the stealth Pug
    Did I do anything last night that suggested I was sane?

1000+ Posts

I've had my 206 a couple of weeks so not long, but I already find it less capable than the 405. I'll reserve judgment until I have equivalent tyres though, and a bit more practice in the 'new' car.

Initial impressions are that the rear isn't as 'planted' or controllable and the steering isn't as precise nor has the same level of feel. Maybe the former is why the 180 had the rear suspension upgraded. I haven't read much on this so someone will maybe say Pug admitted this when the 180 was released.

Gee the 405 is a good car, IMO.
    Last edited by Stuey; 6th March 2016 at 08:30 PM.

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

Fellow Frogger!

I always fancied a 405 way back when... Meanwhile I feel guilty every time I pull up beside the 205 which is parked. If anyone wants to make me an offer for a drivable 205 (not that I sometimes take it for a spin between midnight and dawn mind you... That would be illegal...)

i must be showing my age preferring the 205/405 styling over many more modern cars..?

Fellow Frogger!

I drove an NA then an NB MX-5, then an E46 and E90 BMW... I could have bought an investment apartment with what I paid maintaining the Beamers... All except the E46 were manual (although I did think the E46 AT was one of the best autos I'd ever driven...)

Thread Information