406 D9 Front Suspension
  • Register
  • Help

Default 406 D9 Front Suspension

I'm attempting to replace the rear wishbone bush on the front suspension and the wishbone. The wishbone and bush assembly have been removed from the car. Either the bush needs to pressed out or it's rusted in place. Anyone know which is correct? Just to clarify, I'm talking about the bush in the aluminium carrier roughly under the accelerator pedal, not the one perpendicular to the wheel hub.

Advertisement

This piece?

https://www.oscaro.com/silent-bloc-d...5-266696-251-p

The bush is normally serviced with the alloy bracket. As you can imagine, angle of alignment is crucial to longevity.

That's the one.

I'm thinking, unless it's rusted in place, a possiblity as the one previous owner lived across the road from the beach, it appears to not be a slide on fit like the front triangle arm bushes on a 504. The wishbone may need to be removed with a press and the new one installed with a press? If so, I can see that the angle would be critical and possibly the depth that the wishbone shaft is inserted into the bush.

It is a light press fit, easiest to remove by careful cutting off in stages (outer extrusion hacksawn free, then pare away the rubber, then carefully nick and expand the inner sleeve).

Thanks for the advice. The reason I thought of changing that bush was due there being a light knock sometimes and it has light crazing. I replaced both drop links, one of which needed replacing, and this reduced the knock but it's still there. After reading up and examining the ball joint, both the front bush and rear bush of the front wishbone, I don't reckon the light crazing on the rear bush would be the cause. Therefore, in view of the trouble to change that bush over, I've put the wishbone back in, as is.

The search continues.

Thread Information