• 4 Post By Stuey
  • 1 Post By Graelin
  • 1 Post By pug206gti
  • 4 Post By Stuey

Thread: Just bought a 206 GTi girl's car

1000+ Posts

Default Just bought a 206 GTi girl's car

Hi guys,

I just bought a late 2003 206 GTi because I need to take the Mi16 out of commission to do a few big-ish jobs on it. I really wanted an RS Clio, and was considering a 307 HDi SW for its great practicality, but always thought if the right car came along out of about 6 different French models, I'd grab it.

It's obsidian black with sunroof, 65,000km, one mature lady owner (yes, really!) and well looked after. It does have the ubiquitous 206 knock in the front, probably the engine mount, but that didn't put me off. I don't like black, but in the WA second hand market (small) you can't be choosy. I paid top dollar just because of the k's and history. I like the relative simplicity of the powerplant and ancillaries on the GTi 138, and its torque characteristics. The tyres have turned to plastic because of the low miles, but other than that it's very clean. In fact, I've just realised it's a really nice car for the money.

It has what I understand to be the 2004 update features; the honeycomb grille, rear mount aerial, and a few other things I'm not sure about as I'm not a student of all things 206.

Anyway, there you go. I'm now a big girly hairdresser.

Cheers

Advertisement

Stuey
    Last edited by Stuey; 28th February 2016 at 12:42 AM.
    addo, SilverGTi_6, Graelin and 1 others like this.

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

Fellow Frogger!

Don't worry, you're among nearly 8 million other hairdressers worldwide. It's a pretty good club.
    1984 505 Executive Auto

206 GTi 180 - '804 Cat Cams, Jenvey DBW 48mm ITB's, AT Power Dry Sump, Emtron KV8 ECU, HP Electronik PDM, AIM MXS Dash, Custom Wiring Harness. AST Camber Tops & Coilovers, -2deg camber hubs by Frogstomp Racing, 24mm Torsion Bars, AP Racing brakes, Custom Radiator and Oil cooler, 3J Plate LSD, E85.

Sandown - 1:31.5, Winton - 1:40.2, Wakefield - 1:11.05, Phillip Island - 1:55.9, The Bend (International) 2:23.2
    NŁrburgring - 10:23.ish (Fiesta ST)

1000+ Posts

Nothing quite like getting in touch with yer inner hairdresser. Just flog the shit out of it Stuey . I'm sure it will be heaps of fun.
    I bet that lady owner never gave it wot it really wants. My DIL runs a very tidy one like that. I bet it's never even got halfway to the redline. I found the low profile tyres a bit hard the only brief time I drove it, but once you get used to that it must handle like on rails.
    A true sports car.

1000+ Posts

Disappointed there's no hair dryer mount on the rear shelf. At least my classic grey Wahl clippers fit nicely in the glove box, which has nice indents for cans of mousse.

On a more serious note, I was surprised at how well it goes for the relatively modest output.

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

Fellow Frogger!

Sounds like a really good buy Stuey.

Accessories, I have a genuine rear window shade that roles up and window rain thingies, that stop rain coming in when windows are part open. As a long term and helpful Aussie Frogger these are free to you if you want them.

Edited

I just checked my 206 GTI Inventory. (Shed)

For a quick sale I can also throw in a bonnet protector and headlight protectors all in good order the window things and rear blind in original Peugeot boxes!
    Last edited by Graelin; 28th February 2016 at 11:14 AM.
    Boyracer likes this.

Icon12

G'day,
    how about some piccies ?
    Graelin likes this.
    regards,
    Les W.

206 GTi 180
    the stealth Pug
    Did I do anything last night that suggested I was sane?

Enjoy Stuey!! I have to get my morris back to a register-able state for the inevitable time I will need to take the S16 off the road. That is assuming I don't give in to temptation and buy a 308GTi 270.... The original plan with the S16 was to sell it at five years old... 20 years later and I'm thinking it will be a vintage car in another 10

Tony.
    306 S16 1995 black
    Morris 1100 1965 green

1000+ Posts

Hey Grae, those accessories would be great! I was actually thinking of the rear blind, as I will be parking it in the sun a bit. Thanks! We'll have to arrange a meet up.

Tony, I do like the 308 a lot. I can't believe they get that power from a 1.6 and presumably with sufficient reliability. These modern turbos are getting crazy. I had a drive of my brother's Megane 265 yesterday and did some full throttle acceleration runs on the freeway, in Extreme mode. It's chipped to put out around 300bhp and man, that thing is a ROCKET. Sounds like one, too...

As for piccies, here's one...

Just bought a 206 GTi girl's car-206-1.jpg
    Last edited by Stuey; 28th February 2016 at 06:58 PM.

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

Nice little car. Replace those front ARB droplinks before worrying about engine mounts - 9/10 times knocking from front of 206/306 is down to these cheap service items.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk
    Current: 205 GTI Mi16
    309 GTI16
    306 GTI6 (Ph3)
    406 HDi Wag

Project: 504

Previous: 106 Rallye (S1)
    206 GTI 180
    306 S16 (Ph1), & GTI-6 (Ph2)
    405 Mi16, & SRDT x2
    504GL
    CitroŽn ID19
    BX TZD
    Xantia 2.0

1000+ Posts

Thanks Pee. I'd read about those too and was starting to think that way. It does seem to be suspension related, now that I've driven the car more. Hopefully it's those and not the control arm (although those are pretty cheap for the 206 and there are loads available).

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

1000+ Posts

Hmmm. I also have the common cold start issue. When it's dead cold it takes quite a few cranks to get going. This is all over the internet, but with no real solutions. Once it's started, it runs perfectly, and there's no problem with hot starts. Hope it's not the damn lifters.

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

Thread Information