New to the forum & Peugeots
  • Register
  • Help
    3DB
    Tadpole

Default New to the forum & Peugeots

Hi all,

I've just bought my first Pug - a 2000 306 2.0 HDi. I've had my eye on the earlier HDi's for a while and the right one came along today.

My first order of business will be to give it a service and I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on the best place to source diesel, oil & air filters for this particular model. I'm based in Sydney if that makes any difference. Any particular oil recommended, or just a standard diesel oil meeting the appropriate API specs?

It is a bit of a high miler at 385,000 km, but fortunately had the timing belt, water pump & harmonic balancer replaced less than 12 months ago. Is there anything else I should check out that is specific to these cars?

Advertisement

Cheers,

3DB

1000+ Posts

Welcome. Try EAI: European Auto Imports at Thornleigh for the bits. That's the very early HDI so there won't be particle filtration. There have been several 2.0s since then.

What transmission?

PS You can get an owner's handbook at http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ddb/

3DB
    Tadpole

Hi seasink,

Thanks for those leads.

It's a 5-speed manual.

And fortunately, it came with all of the original owners manuals and service books. That link will be a great resource though.

One other thing I need is a driver's side headlight lens. I haven't investigated in detail yet as to whether you can separate the lens or you need a whole headlight unit. Any good wrecking resources in the Sydney area?

Thanks again.

3DB

1000+ Posts

The VIN includes 3 letters which are the engine code, eg, RHY, which is the DW10TD diesel. See Peugeot VIN numbers. This will make finding the right technical info easier (which might come from Citroen instead of Peugeot - they use the same engines). (Later 2.0 HDI versions have multiplied the oomph).

Thread Information