T5 307 CD player broken - options?
  • Register
  • Help
    1000+ Posts

Default T5 307 CD player broken - options?

The CD player in my son's T5 307 wagon no longer works - radio is still fine, so looks like a physical CD player problem?

I presume you can't slip in a new optical drive (as you do with a laptop). Service Box lists a VDO 'Radio receiver' & a Clarion 'New audio equipment'. I presume he has the Clarion (P/N 6564JV), as it's description at least allows the possibility of a CD player. Either way we are talking $AU880+ from Peugeot.

Carparts-pros (Search by original / genuine spare part number) lists both at about 270 euro - hopefully about half price with postage, but do they deliver, or just pretend to have the parts and take your money ??

Of course I could ask the Cavanaghs for a 2nd hand one, but are there other options? My son & daughter-in-law are quite keen to keep the fingertip controls!!

Advertisement

Cheers

Alec
    Last edited by Armidillo; 29th February 2016 at 09:50 AM.

The fault could be a failed laser or, with luck, a dirty laser lens and a second hand unit would be unknown quantity as the laser could fail at an indeterminate time.

1000+ Posts

Thanks Peter. I can suggest that to my son, but presumably he'd have to remove the unit to attempt a clean (he's 750km away in Canberra).

Anyone got tips for extracting the unit from the dash?

Also, is it possible to fit an aftermarket unit and connect the finger tip controls (it's a T5)?

Cheers

Alec

Thread Information