Diagnostic scanners - recommendations?
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By seasink

Thread: Diagnostic scanners - recommendations?

Default Diagnostic scanners - recommendations?

Looking to buy a scanner to read and clear fault codes on our cars: 206Gti 2001, 306 Rallye 2001, 307 2002, Berlingo 2006. There are so many on the market it is all a bit confusing - any recommendations? I don't want to spend a fortune, but I want something that works well. The bluetooth dongles sound good, but when you read the fine print they probably won't work on all our cars. The Autel MS309 looks good and costs about $42.

Advertisement

Your a little bit limited on what you can do on a scanner .. have you thought about the pp2000 lexia software ? Second hand laptops are cheapish
    206 gti 180
    306 gti 6
    fx holden historic race car

A bit more than a scanner, I have an Autel MD802. I paid $285 about a year ago, but look like they are more like $330 now. I have used it on various brands and have found it very useful in diagnosis. Rather than bring up a code, that you then look up, it actually tells you what the fault is in simple terms. I have used it on Toyota, Renault, Ford and Volvo with success, and covers most known brands of vehicle with OBD2.
    '56 Renault 750 (16TS Power)
    '62 Renault Dauphine Gordini
    '89 Renault Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
    02 and 03 Renault Clios 1.4L
    '13 Renault Megane RS265 Trophee +

1000+ Posts

A copy of the official PSA software running on an old Windows laptop can do much much more. If you aren't working on many makes, get it. The hardest part is installing the software.
    addo likes this.

UNM
    Fellow Frogger!

You have multiple peugeots, different models. My recommendation is lexia3 cable set with pp2000 software.

I got mine for $78.50. Agree with the comment that hardest part is installing the software. It did take a bit of fiddling around on my XP netbook and you need to remember NOT to be connected to the internet when installing/initialising. Our peugeot 307 didn't like the generic OBD2 bluetooth dongle that works fine on volvo, mitsubishi and nissan cars.

Thread Information