• Help
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Mike Tippett
  • 1 Post By King_Casey

Thread: [Facelift] 2016 Peugeot 2008

Fellow Frogger!

Icon12 [Facelift] 2016 Peugeot 2008

Hi,

Today thursday Peugeot showed official pictures of the "new" 2008 crossover that wil be displayed at the Geneva Motorshow next month...

Peugeot 2008 (2017)

To me it looks more SUVish with that facelift than the precedent one(looked more like an estate/wagon before)

Advertisement

To me it looks indistinguishable from any other Peugeot on the road.

People do not buy a range of cars, they buy one car. How it looks compared to any other car from the same manufacturer is not really relevant.

The whole concept of making clone lookalikes is as if the stylists woke up one morning after a couple of bottles of rough red the night before, scratched their goolies, and thought it would be a good idea to make every car in their entire range look like every other car in their entire range.

Did the 404 look anything like the 504? And did that look anything like the 604 (except for the front doors)?

We know that the 304 was meant to look like a 504, so this idea goes back at least 45 years.

Of course, if it sells like hot cakes, and wins ECOTY like the 308 did, I'll take it all back.

I dislike SUVs. This one is a bit like the Rancho, a pretend off-roader and the traction control system they have developed for it still only operated on the front wheels. So the lack of ambition at Peugeot is still in evidence....
    Last edited by Mike Tippett; 19th February 2016 at 05:51 AM.
    1966 Peugeot 404 Coupé Injection post-restoration reassembly underway!
    Register your 404: https://recensement.leclub404.com/submit.php

Fellow Frogger!

Maybe but this kind of vehicles in Europe(and elsewhere ??)are very successfull in term of sales, so...

Yeah, I just don't understand the attraction, especially for the 4WD look with the 2WD capability!
    SilverGTi_6 likes this.

Gone Fishin'

The attraction to me is the 165mm ground clearance and M&S tyres which makes crowned unsealed roads a doddle which our new 308 can't clear.
    The updates will still have the same 1.6 e-HDI engine and manual transmission.
    Consistently getting 25km/L (over 5000kms showing 3.8/100 average)
    Love it also.

Gone Fishin'

Default [Facelift] 2016 Peugeot 2008

The trouble with the 2008 is, nobody knows it exists.
    They certainly wouldn't think it was 4WD either.
    I had a 4x4 Yeti and never got any drive to the rear because the fronts never slipped in order to activate the rear........it was a v heavy car ~ 1600kg ........>400 greater than my 2008.
    For me it was pointlessly heavy.

Gone Fishin'

Quote Originally Posted by Pugster View Post
    Maybe but this kind of vehicles in Europe(and elsewhere ??)are very successfull in term of sales, so...
    I recon it's a 'smart' crossover.
    If I wanted auto I'd wait for the 1.2 triple (96kw) 6A.....it's a brilliant combo.

Gone Fishin'

I've found I can't get the 'trip B' to show at all.
    Instead I get a 'service due' reminder and 'no faults' instead.
    Where has it gone?.

Possibly the display will return once the service flag is reset.

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Tippett View Post
    , a pretend off-roader
    Aren't they all? Designed purely to steal the view from the car behind...until every gullible man and his dog is driving one.
    cheers, Mark.
    Mike Tippett likes this.

Or a pink plastic Barbie Jeep, without the pink or 4WD

Quote Originally Posted by Pugster View Post
    Our 406 was traded by the previous owner for a Hyundai IX35, not because there was anything wrong with it but they found as they got older that the 406 was too low to get in and out of easily (and as I get older I can sympathise with them). The current breed of on-road SUVs fills a need for something just a little higher and more practical than a sedan at the expense of driving dynamics, which most people don't care about (look how many Toyotas are sold).
    Stephen
    '03 P406 HDI
    '16 Renault Master

Ahh the white Camry effect. As boring as cold porridge, but completely reliable...
    racing 405
    1:59:09 last time at Phillip Island - less than standard Mi16.

1000+ Posts

Default Crossover

Quote Originally Posted by racing405 View Post
    Ahh the white Camry effect. As boring as cold porridge, but completely reliable...

So what did it Cross over- the road?? Sounds like the wrong direction to me.Cross UP or Cross DOWN [the road would look silly on the tailgate!

Some a.f. has a sensible answer but I reckon cars sell when the manufacturer spend lots on advertising which covers up a bad product & blaa,blaa, blaa. Rotten dog meat would sell if a lot of $$ was behind supporting it.

The local Pug /Cit/Kia/etc. dealer has noticed Kia's not sell when no advertising done.Theyactually sold 5 Cits first off.

I must find out the price of a 4 door turbo diesel etc on road as they look quiet nice.I AM sure you have seen them flying about. Ken in spares is a great guy-known him for many years-will do his best for you!
    Last edited by pekay49; 18th May 2016 at 11:28 PM. Reason: add

1000+ Posts

Default Crossover

Quote Originally Posted by pekay49 View Post
    So what did it Cross over- the road?? Sounds like the wrong direction to me.Cross UP or Cross DOWN [the road would look silly on the tailgate!

Some a.f. has a sensible answer but I reckon cars sell when the manufacturer spend lots on advertising which covers up a bad product & blaa,blaa, blaa. Rotten dog meat would sell if a lot of $$ was behind supporting it.

The local Pug /Cit/Kia/etc. dealer has noticed Kia's not sell when no advertising done.Theyactually sold 5 Cits first off.

I must find out the price of a 4 door turbo diesel etc on road as they look quiet nice.I AM sure you have seen them flying about. Ken in spares is a great guy-known him for many years-will do his best for you!
    Sorry Imeant to include-I always good sales & after service was the best way to build a solid business.

Maybe they should have called it the 'HAPPPY OVER"=besides that mine thinketh it is rather nice & one day I might resort to a 'taller' off the ground car.

Thread Information