Peugeot Key Codes
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Peugeot Key Codes

Hi all

I wanted a 2nd remote and purchased a blank key and fob with from Ebay for my Peugeot 308 2009.

I have got a quote to cut the blank and also program the remote. I found a place that will do it for $110 which I thought was reasonable. The locksmith said they needed the key code.

I purchased the car second hand from a dealer and did not find a plastic card from with a 4 digit code (as what I found on the internet)

Instead I have a plastic card with two codes on it
    One is 13 characters long with a C representing letter and X representing a number.

Advertisement

CXCXXCCCXXXXC

Another code is 13 characters long [12 characters and then some spaces then a letter]
    CXXXXXXXXCCC C

Is any of these codes useful for the key code? What are these two codes used for?

Before I call a Peugeot dealer and provide my VIN etc to get the codes

I could not locate anything on internet.

Many thanks in advance for any assistance.

1000+ Posts

Addo is the expert on this sort of stuff, but if you find that Peugeot want to charge you a lot of money, here's a site that will provide the key code if you provide your Vin & about $50 :

https://www.radiocodes.co.uk/peugeot-key-codes

Pretty sure they are the mob I used a few years ago - don't recall any problems.

No idea what your codes represent - obviously too short for a Vin!

Cheers

Alec
    Last edited by Armidillo; 9th February 2016 at 10:08 PM.

There are two codes required, one is the mechanical code for configuring the "teeth" of the key. The other is the four-character code for programming it into your car.

Without the latter, your key will open the door, unlock your steering but won't start the car. This is the one dealers normally provide on request. They can also provide the mechanical code for key cutting but you may need to have this requested formally by a registered locksmith, and they may only release the information to them (who quite probably, will share it with you).

1000+ Posts

So could one of the 13-character codes on sparkmania's plastic card be the key-cutting code?

Quite possibly! From memory the keys are that modern internally milled type so it may well describe the profile.

The last car I got with a plastic card with a key code was the the 207 (2007).

My DS3 (2011) and the 208 (2014) didn't come with any cards or codes. I guess the dealers don't automatically supply them anymore and as addo suggests it's on a request basis.
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Fellow Frogger!

Hi - I wanted to obtain a spare key for the 2002 307. The local Mr Minit tried to mill the keyway in two blanks however his reproducing milling machine couldn't reproduce the milled grove accurately enough to enable the cut key to even open the door. So we didn't progress past this stage.

He used a small recording device that has a receiver on an elastic strap that he located adjacent to the transponder and operating the original key in the ignition he was able to record the transponder communications. He would then be able to copy this code into the new key. He wanted to charge me $180 for all of this, but we agreed on $120 however I never ended up with a spare key and he wasted two key blanks. I would have thought that you we have your copying equipment perfected before you went to market with it??

UNM
    Fellow Frogger!

As Whippett says, some places will copy your key and they can copy the transponder chip at the same time. Not all of them do it right, because they copy rather than cut to the original code, but they should not charge if it does not work and are much cheaper than a locksmith that will cut to the code and charge for that service. Not many places are willing to cut blanks bought on ebay and when they do, it usually comes explicitly without warranty - sometimes still worth doing though.

One gotcha is that the car thinks the two keys are the same. If you have a car with memory seats, it will assume the same person is driving.

The site Armidillo mentioned is frequently recommended on a UK peugeot forum and I have heard positive reviews, but not used their services myself.

Tadpole

Thanks Armidillo for the website below:

https://www.radiocodes.co.uk/peugeot-key-codes

I thought I would give it a go and pay my 24 GBP ($50) to get my pin. For future reference, I was able to confirm and match the codes I had with me were the same as provided by the website, although it took 1 hour on line to get it:

Mechanical Key Code: The mechanical key consists of 10 characters. The last 4 characters being digits = H00HCAXXXX.

Immobilizer pin: The last four characters of the 2nd code i had represented the Pin which is 4 made up of letters and digits.

I rang up another locksmith who was going to charge me $200 to do the cut and programme the remote. So it looks like I will go to the first quote.

Hope to see the first locksmith over the weekend and it will all work.

Thread Information