205 GTI Headlights - What's the deal?
  • Register
  • Help

Default 205 GTI Headlights - What's the deal?

Hi all

Advertisement

Looking for some advice on getting new headlights for my S3 205 GTI. Having scoured the internet there appear to be various options for brands, mainly Valeo, Sev Marchal and Lucas, along with many used and second hand items. I am looking to get new.

I have also noticed that some have different colours for the casing ranging from red, orange to shiny or matt silver. What's to go with that?

Also, prices foe new ones differ remarkably. From GBP25 to over GBP100 each. Lucas seems to be cheaper than Sev Marchal. What's the deal with that?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

cheers

Hi, I've got one Valeo and one Lucas. The Valeo is most definitely better quality not sure about the other brands.
    cheers Craig

Sent from my iPhone using aussiefrogs mobile app

Valeo was original fitment for most of our cars. Until a couple of years ago they weren't expensive but supply of RHD versions seems to have run out so people are asking big dollars for the last few in captivity. Didn't I see that your car had Marchal lights? Marchal is another Valeo brand name. Have you found them new?

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk

Yes, found some Marchal's but frightfully expensive (at the upper end of the range I mentioned above). Its all relative though - still cheap compared to similar parts on a new modern European car.

Thread Information