Climate control help
  • Register
  • Help

Default Climate control help

My 93' series 1 mi16 is bloody freezing on a cold day. The heater just stopped working. It has climate control as do all of them and the motor stopped making the noise it usually does when you turn the control and now it just blows cold air. As it is now coming up to winter i am keen on fixing this problem and was wondering if anyone would now of what it could be thats wrong and how i could fix it?

Advertisement
    Last edited by Mi16; 30th March 2004 at 06:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mi16
    My 93' series 1 mi16 is bloody freezing on a cold day. The heater just stopped working. It has climate control as do all of them and the motor stopped making the noise it usually does when you turn the control and now it just blows cold air. As it is now coming up to winter i am keen on fixing this problem and was wondering if anyone would now of what it could be thats wrong and how i could fix it?
    There is a small black rectangular gearbox on the RH side of the console, near your LH knee, that mixes hot and cold air. The teeth on the gears break off, leaving it in one position. At least your's broke in the cold position. Mine went in the fully hot position. A few hundred dollars and lots of cursing and swearing will fix the problem, as you need to lay upside down in the footwell to replace it.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

Icon4

their is also a foam panel thing that degrades over time, you can replace it using some new foam, instead of going to peugeot..

im about to do that soon, as i think mines slowly failing...

cheers
    nathan
    ===============
    1991 Peugeot 405 Mi16
    1994 Toyota Camry CSI
    2002 Honda CBR600F4i
    1989 Honda CD250U
    www.mad-biker.com
    ===============

Quote Originally Posted by PeterT
    There is a small black rectangular gearbox on the RH side of the console, near your LH knee, that mixes hot and cold air. The teeth on the gears break off, leaving it in one position. At least your's broke in the cold position. Mine went in the fully hot position. A few hundred dollars and lots of cursing and swearing will fix the problem, as you need to lay upside down in the footwell to replace it.
    Thanks for the info. I had it checked out today and you're right. It is the motor and there were teeth missing. It costs $180 for a new one.

Thread Information