306 cabriolet tow bar
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default 306 cabriolet tow bar

Hi pug pple. Does anyone know if towbar for 306 hatch or sedan will fit cabriolet? It only for towing light boat trailer. Chrs

Advertisement

Fellow Frogger!

I could be wrong but I'm relatively confident the chassis would be identical to the hatchbacks. The sedan may be different as they're a touch longer.
    2000 306 GTi6 'Josie'

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by TrinityJayOne View Post
    I could be wrong but I'm relatively confident the chassis would be identical to the hatchbacks. The sedan may be different as they're a touch longer.
    Thanks TrinityJayOne. Not so sure the cabriolet based on the hatch. I thought more likely the sedan. The cab body looks longer than the hatch, but I guess the chassis could be the same. Maybe best to line up side by side and take some measurements, unless someone has a better idea?

Why not go to a towbar retailer and ask if they have model listings and compare.
    In Sydney we have a firm known as Carousel trailers who are big in selling and fitting towbars as well as manufacturing trailers.
    Do you have someone similar in Perth?

KB
    KB

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by renault8&10 View Post
    Why not go to a towbar retailer and ask if they have model listings and compare.
    In Sydney we have a firm known as Carousel trailers who are big in selling and fitting towbars as well as manufacturing trailers.
    Do you have someone similar in Perth?

KB
    Parts lists I have found only show tbars for hatch and sedan ( different part numbers). Too few Cabriolets to warrant listing I'm guessing. But hopefully either the hatch or sedan versions will fit. Back to pictures and tape measure I think.

Thread Information