2008 407 Hdi ST Sedan Screen above radio
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default 2008 407 Hdi ST Sedan Screen above radio

I bought myself a 2008 407 St Hdi Sedan 2L 6 speed yesterday after being told by the insurance company that my 07 Citroen C5 is an economic write off after a small rear ender.

Advertisement

I looked a quite a few 407's and almost all of them had the faulty screen above the radio. The car I bought has as well.

Can these be repaired or do they need to be replaced? What is the best place to do this? Any info would be appreciated.

The screen is really easy to replace. I bought one off an Australian eBay seller. There is a good tutorial on YouTube. You do need a tech screwdriver which are available from Repco for about $12.

Fellow Frogger!

Easy replacement. Probably best not to buy a secondhand one as it will also be on the way out. Buy from for OS on eBay, probably for around $100. My new one was a yellow whilst the old was red but I've got used to it.

Cheers

Jim

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by pug303 View Post
    Easy replacement. Probably best not to buy a secondhand one as it will also be on the way out. Buy from for OS on eBay, probably for around $100. My new one was a yellow whilst the old was red but I've got used to it.

Cheers

Jim
    I am after a yellow/orange one. Want to sell me yours so you can track down a red one to better suit your interior?

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by dcc236 View Post
    I am after a yellow/orange one. Want to sell me yours so you can track down a red one to better suit your interior?
    Nah, I'm happy enough with it now. I think mine came from China but also available in Europe. Mine arrived in a week or with no issues.

Fellow Frogger!

I bought one from a wrecked 2011 407. It's nice to have a working display.

I also bought one from China. Will test it when it arrives. If anyone needs it, you can have it for my cost price, less than $50. It is the orange model not the red.

Surprisingly, it takes less than 30 mins to remove the old and install the new. You also need a narrow/thin T10 and T12 screwdriver or bit.
    Last edited by dcc236; 12th February 2016 at 08:54 AM.

I bought one from this bloke, on ebay, he's in Melbourne. He has them listed at $200 but will take $180.

Peugeot 407 Display Screen With Free Worldwide Shipping Replace Fading Display | eBay

What ever you do make sure you get the black one, I'll bet you have a white one in your car, they are the ones that fade to black

And this the bloke to watch for the instructions, you cannot go wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZq7yGd5M5g

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by AusGrenouille View Post
    I bought one from this bloke, on ebay, he's in Melbourne. He has them listed at $200 but will take $180.

Peugeot 407 Display Screen With Free Worldwide Shipping Replace Fading Display | eBay

What ever you do make sure you get the black one, I'll bet you have a white one in your car, they are the ones that fade to black

And this the bloke to watch for the instructions, you cannot go wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZq7yGd5M5g
    Looks identical to the one I bought from China for less than $50.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc236 View Post
    Looks identical to the one I bought from China for less than $50.
    Of course it looks identical, it is the same part after all.

Chinese ones weren't available when I bought mine

Thread Information