306 Engine Diagnostics warning light
  • Register
  • Help

Default 306 Engine Diagnostics warning light

The "engine diagnostics" warning light (looks like a stik figure snowman - if that's possible!) on my 94 306s16 stays on longer than it used to. Recently replaced the Ozone sensor (Ithink that's what it's called). Mechanic said couldn't find anything.

What else could it be? The light stays on longer than the other warning lights when I start her up. But it always goes off.

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by eval
    The "engine diagnostics" warning light (looks like a stik figure snowman - if that's possible!) on my 94 306s16 stays on longer than it used to. Recently replaced the Ozone sensor (Ithink that's what it's called). Mechanic said couldn't find anything.

What else could it be? The light stays on longer than the other warning lights when I start her up. But it always goes off.
    The 306 S16 uses a Bosch Motronic MP3.2 ECU doesn't it?

Have you tried reading any fault codes stored in the computer THEN tried clearing the fault codes from the ECUs memory? This can be done by your mechanic using a reader...

If you had Bosch Motronic 1.3, you could read and clear it yourself with a long piece of wire...
    Last edited by 205 GTI16; 30th March 2004 at 06:23 PM.

Thread Information