Help 307 RD4 CD Player Aux in enable
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Help 307 RD4 CD Player Aux in enable

Hi I have a 307 T6 with the RD4 radio (non mp3) with the external CD stacker and I am trying to enable the aux inputs.

I have taken it to the dealer and they pp software is saying that the inputs are missing and when they try to set them as enabled the software fails to update. Has anyone ever had this problem?

The dealer is happy to have another go at it at $160 per hour..

They suggested that as it was a stacker version that the aux inputs arn't there and I should get a single cd player version if I want it to work.
    Any advice would be appreciated

Advertisement

Cheers
    Tim

Fellow Frogger!

I would (and did on my 206) replace the head unit with an aftermarket unit. I'm a fan of Alpine, but there's plenty to choose from.
    It's entirely possible to get a loom so the control stalk continues to work for most head units. Most current models also come with bluetooth for your phone too which is nice.

Time and money spent modifying the basic stock unit is wasted in my opinion.

You will lose the display of stations etc on the heads up display, but I didn't feel that was any great loss.
    1984 505 Executive Auto

206 GTi 180 - '804 Cat Cams, Jenvey DBW 48mm ITB's, AT Power Dry Sump, Emtron KV8 ECU, HP Electronik PDM, AIM MXS Dash, Custom Wiring Harness. AST Camber Tops & Coilovers, -2deg camber hubs by Frogstomp Racing, 24mm Torsion Bars, AP Racing brakes, Custom Radiator and Oil cooler, 3J Plate LSD, E85.

Sandown - 1:31.5, Winton - 1:40.2, Wakefield - 1:11.05, Phillip Island - 1:55.9
    Nürburgring - 10:23.ish (Fiesta ST)

Fellow Frogger!

Something like this is probably the kind of loom you would use to more or less plug and play a headunit in.

You would want to do a little bit of research though, that was just the first 5 minute search - it may not be the right one for your model. There will be something similar though if it isn't.
    1984 505 Executive Auto

206 GTi 180 - '804 Cat Cams, Jenvey DBW 48mm ITB's, AT Power Dry Sump, Emtron KV8 ECU, HP Electronik PDM, AIM MXS Dash, Custom Wiring Harness. AST Camber Tops & Coilovers, -2deg camber hubs by Frogstomp Racing, 24mm Torsion Bars, AP Racing brakes, Custom Radiator and Oil cooler, 3J Plate LSD, E85.

Sandown - 1:31.5, Winton - 1:40.2, Wakefield - 1:11.05, Phillip Island - 1:55.9
    Nürburgring - 10:23.ish (Fiesta ST)

Tadpole

I think that may be where I end up. The issues I have is loosing the ability to set the time and other functions on the MFD.
    I have just performed a bypass of the CD changer so when a cd is playing the audio comes for the 3.5mm plug that is connected to a bluetooth adaptor. Not ideal but it works.

Maybe a bit off topic, but I purchased a USB device. You can see the thread here. It's been a while and still working great.

Thread Information