Where have all the mi16's gone?
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Where have all the mi16's gone?

Default Where have all the mi16's gone?

Hi all,

It seems all the mi16's have become 205's, which means there's none left to stay 405's!

Advertisement

I'm currently seeking a series one mi16. I would like one from 1991 or earlier. I don't mind a leaking headgasket or even broken timing belt. Just something fairly sound that I can slowly do up. My only criteria is to be straight. I'd also prefer a darker colour and a sunroof or lux pack (but thats probably being to fussy). Since I want one to fix up I dont want to spend much on one (but also depends how good or bad the car is). Registration is of no importance. Ive been searching online and found this one 1989 Peugeot 405 Sedan | Cars, Vans & Utes | Gumtree Australia Port Macquarie City - Port Macquarie 2444 | 1102942901 which would be perfect, except it needs to be in victoria. Finding them for sale in victoria is proving rather difficult im hoping the forum may know of one! I'm in no hurry just seeing whats out there.

I have alot of parts around for these so something thats not complete is also a possibility but the engine would need to be complete.

Does anyone have or know of one that will tick my box's?

Cheers Chris
    2011 Renault Koleos manual petrol, yes it's boring, but not as boring as:
    2017 Renault Koleos auto

VIP Sponsor

I will be in port Macquarie nest week if that is of any help.
    The 205s are not there either as very few finish the project of fitting the Mi16 engine, in the end two cars disappear.
    I pulled apart a series 1 last week and another to go soon, I kept on advertising and nobody wanted them.
    I bought the Series 2 from Julian and plan to keep it for a long time, much better thing to own and drive than a 205GTi.

Quote Originally Posted by cav91 View Post
    Hi all,

It seems all the mi16's have become 205's, which means there's none left to stay 405's!

I'm currently seeking a series one mi16. I would like one from 1991 or earlier. I don't mind a leaking headgasket or even broken timing belt. Just something fairly sound that I can slowly do up. My only criteria is to be straight. I'd also prefer a darker colour and a sunroof or lux pack (but thats probably being to fussy). Since I want one to fix up I dont want to spend much on one (but also depends how good or bad the car is). Registration is of no importance. Ive been searching online and found this one 1989 Peugeot 405 Sedan | Cars, Vans & Utes | Gumtree Australia Port Macquarie City - Port Macquarie 2444 | 1102942901 which would be perfect, except it needs to be in victoria. Finding them for sale in victoria is proving rather difficult im hoping the forum may know of one! I'm in no hurry just seeing whats out there.

I have alot of parts around for these so something thats not complete is also a possibility but the engine would need to be complete.

Does anyone have or know of one that will tick my box's?

Cheers Chris

Quote Originally Posted by GRAHAM WALLIS View Post
    I will be in port Macquarie nest week if that is of any help.
    The 205s are not there either as very few finish the project of fitting the Mi16 engine, in the end two cars disappear.
    I pulled apart a series 1 last week and another to go soon, I kept on advertising and nobody wanted them.
    I bought the Series 2 from Julian and plan to keep it for a long time, much better thing to own and drive than a 205GTi.
    It would be of help if your bringing back an empty tandem trailer. Otherwise getting someone to check it out is just teasing myself. Thanks anyway Graham.

Whats the one like that your doing next week?
    2017 Renault Koleos auto

VIP Sponsor

Its already had the engine sold, in actual fact will take a lot longer than a week!
    I've a got a couple of nice straight S2 SRis if you want to build something up. White auto with good paint and excellent interior and an immaculate manual, light metallic blue. I have the Mi16 plastic add ons and Mi16 suspension too.
    The S1 MI16 I'm wrecking has a rebuilt headlining if anyone is interested, factory sun roof type.

It would be of help if your bringing back an empty tandem trailer. Otherwise getting someone to check it out is just teasing myself. Thanks anyway Graham.

Whats the one like that your doing next week?

Quote Originally Posted by GRAHAM WALLIS View Post
    Its already had the engine sold, in actual fact will take a lot longer than a week!
    I've a got a couple of nice straight S2 SRis if you want to build something up. White auto with good paint and excellent interior and an immaculate manual, light metallic blue. I have the Mi16 plastic add ons and Mi16 suspension too.
    The S1 MI16 I'm wrecking has a rebuilt headlining if anyone is interested, factory sun roof type.
    What's the rest like without the engine? Is it salvageable? I'd rather start with one that was an mi16 to start with.
    2017 Renault Koleos auto

VIP Sponsor

Much easier to start with something good like these SRis, anyway I've cut the looms while pulling it to bits as I didn't see anyone wanting the car or the wiring.
    Since then I've had someone wanting a loom and you wanting the car!
    Other things have been taken off anyway.

It sounds like you think it's to far gone. I don't really want to try to make something. I don't mind getting the top surfaces resprayed because there faded or any of that stuff but I don't really want to have to start from scratch.
    2017 Renault Koleos auto

VIP Sponsor

Yes, would have been alright a few weeks ago, it went really well, the best I've driven for performance

I am tempted by one that may be for sale in Kelowna BC soon, under 100K km, red, sunroof, heated seats, all that.
    addo likes this.
    1966 Peugeot 404 Coupé Injection post-restoration reassembly underway!
    Register your 404: https://recensement.leclub404.com/submit.php

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Tippett View Post
    I am tempted by one that may be for sale in Kelowna BC soon, under 100K km, red, sunroof, heated seats, all that.
    Which one is this one?
    2017 Renault Koleos auto

Well it's in Canada! A guy I know in Kelowna 350 km east of Vancouver may be selling his. Canadian/USA versions only had 150 HP, not 160.

I almost bought a red 1991 MI16 in 1994, but it cost $17,000 and a DL with 110 HP became available at $12K at the same dealer so I took that one instead. Sort of regretted it although the DL was still a good fun car.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Tippett View Post
    Well it's in Canada! A guy I know in Kelowna 350 km east of Vancouver may be selling his. Canadian/USA versions only had 150 HP, not 160.
    Lol fair enough. I think I'll leave that one!
    Mike Tippett likes this.
    2017 Renault Koleos auto

Sadly, Peugeots aren't treasured like rare models from the German and British marques. They gradually disappear from the roads after years of neglect, then into paddocks until they are no more. Possibly due to the fact that it's a real b*tch to try and source parts once the car hits 10 years of age.

Like just about all previous model Peugeots. They are either driven into the ground and then scrapped, stripped for parts, or at times when there are still quite a few around, scrapped when they're not that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Greencoupe View Post
    Sadly, Peugeots aren't treasured like rare models from the German and British marques. They gradually disappear from the roads after years of neglect, then into paddocks until they are no more. Possibly due to the fact that it's a real b*tch to try and source parts once the car hits 10 years of age.
    That's true that you could double the value by putting on a BMW badge but anything 25 years old is getting hard to get parts for. Even our local Holden wrecker doesn't stock parts that old.
    David Cavanagh

FRENCH CONNECTION / PEUGEO WRECKING / RENOSPARES / CITROWRECK

03 9338 8191 or 03 93354008

34 KING St
    AIRPORT WEST
    VIC 3042

[email protected]

https://www.facebook.com/FrenchConect

Bugger! I went down to the auctions today and missed out on this one due to bad a judgement call and an auctioneer who jumped the gun. Not happy!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Where have all the mi16's gone?-1455150568381.jpg  
    michael_ozzie likes this.
    2017 Renault Koleos auto

Ive got a mint white S2 that needs a headgasket and clutch. Body is lretty much the best Ive seen and the interior is perfect. I bought it to one day fix.

Pm me if you want more details.

Cam
    94 205 Gti Classic #9
    91 205 Si
    87 205 GTi Race Car
    http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/res...-race-car.html

Bugger! I went down to the auctions today and missed out on this one due to bad a judgement call and an auctioneer who jumped the gun. Not happy!!!

I had a similar adventure one time and just walked to the guy who bought "my" car and offered him 200$ on top of what he bid. Got the car on the spot.
    ACHTUNG ALLES LOOKENPEEPERS

Das computermachine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitssparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken bei das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets-relaxen und watch das blinkenlights.

Fellow Frogger!

Gee that auctioned MI16 looks clean Chris, how much did it end up going for?
    Michael

1987 Peugeot 205 GTI
    Build Thread:
    http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/res...ti6-build.html

Quote Originally Posted by michael_ozzie View Post
    Gee that auctioned MI16 looks clean Chris, how much did it end up going for?
    Not much. $230 bucks! Spewing the auctioneer closed the auction so quick!
    2017 Renault Koleos auto

Quote Originally Posted by schlitzaugen View Post
    I had a similar adventure one time and just walked to the guy who bought "my" car and offered him 200$ on top of what he bid. Got the car on the spot.
    The winner was an online bid unfortunately I couldn't meet them
    2017 Renault Koleos auto

Quote Originally Posted by cam85 View Post
    Ive got a mint white S2 that needs a headgasket and clutch. Body is lretty much the best Ive seen and the interior is perfect. I bought it to one day fix.

Pm me if you want more details.

Cam
    Thanks cam but I'm really after an early one.
    2017 Renault Koleos auto

Fellow Frogger!

Wowsers, so cheap. I have always found that they go at a frantic pace. I bought my gti6 from pickles in Tullamarine, and that was all done, go to whoa in about 30 seconds.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Michael

1987 Peugeot 205 GTI
    Build Thread:
    http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/res...ti6-build.html

Thanks cam but I'm really after an early one.
    Why an early one?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information