205 is back! again....
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By le frogg 205

Thread: 205 is back! again....

Default 205 is back! again....

hey fella's as you probably know my 205 pops up here and there every now and then. mostly due to being busy and having an assortment of german luxo barges my 205 has suffered for the last year. just sitting apart waiting for me to regain interest.

so now today is that day. to get stuck into it once again. im in the process of offloading my mercedes which will free up funds to finish my poor 205. looking at it after a year of being neglected breaks my heart but gives me the much needed push to finish what i started.

so first on the agenda is to sand back all the surface rust that has built up luckily its only surface.

the second is to finish pulling and priming all the dents and then when the funds allow it send it to a booth.

a question i have is how in the hell do you line up 205 guards properly... i have a set of second hand ones on my car at the moment but im f*&^ed if i can get them to sit right. mostly where the windscreen is.

another question i have is when the time comes to restore and re apply my exterior trim what have people used in the way of clips? i have seen the ones on ebay but i hardly think $350+ for clips is acceptable so if there is an alternate route id like to take it. also what paint have people used successfully?

i also recently got a 306 s16 with a blown head gasket so i have a rear end to build and front brakes to swap. the plan is to either swap the motor in or just take the head. im moving towards just doing the head as my engine number will stay the same so rego should pick up on it.

Advertisement

as im writing this the beautiful 25 degree sunny day has turned to a dark and rainy hell..

so it looks like im hunting for parts till it clears. man i need a shed..

cheers

Default 205 is back! again....

I was lucky not to break any clips when removing my guards for paint recently. I replaced a couple which had been damaged previously with ones purchased from Peugeot. You can just pick and choose the ones you need and only cost me 20 bucks.
    Lotus Evora
    Peugeot 308 GTi
    1966 Volvo 122s
    Clio Sport Cup 182

Previous
    Lotus Sport 111, C4 VTS, RCZ, 205 GTi, Volvo C30 T5-R, Honda S2000, 206 GTi180, Lotus Elise 111R, 205 GTi 6, Manual 406 coupe, 306 GTi 6, 405 MI16 (twice!), 505 GR

Genuine Peugeot 205 GTI CTI Wheel Arch Trim Fixing KIT Fixings Clips Rivets | eBayI

have found bumper and trim fixing kits which have all the bits to reattach the blAck trim and red moulding for less than 350. I guess it depends on exactly what you need

thats only the arches i need the door kit and the bumper kit too as mine were all rat shit. with the shipping was just a tad over $350.

205 is back! again....-205-spray-2.jpg205 is back! again....-205-spray-3.jpg205 is back! again....-205-spray.jpg205 is back! again....-205-topaz-new.jpgwas able to get into it a bit today and get through some problems. all the rust is gone and bare metal is protected. now to cut down any high spots and prep for filler primer.
    SilverGTi_6 likes this.

with all those machines in the driveway mate, are you still married?
    S3 205 GTI x 4 and getting lower
    1998 S1 Lotus Elise
    2013 Fiesta ST
    2014 Audi SQ5

What's the deal with the grille?

nah mate im only 19 not yet. some cars need to go... the grill is de badged not an easy task but looks trick. the tailgate is also will have a shaved lock and shaved windscreen wiper and squirter.

the drive way consists of
    a bmw e12
    a renualt fuego
    a 404
    a renault 12 TL

and on the other side

a 505 gti wagon
    a 405 sri
    a 205 gti
    a 205 si
    a xantia 16v
    a 306 s16
    a excel track car
    a ford fairmont V8.
    and a Mercedes e class coupe

Trick indeed!

When my wife complains I will use you as a case example if that's OK. Not sure about the grille but well done anyway.
    S3 205 GTI x 4 and getting lower
    1998 S1 Lotus Elise
    2013 Fiesta ST
    2014 Audi SQ5

Quote Originally Posted by Isis View Post
    Not sure about the grille but well done anyway.
    To each his own...

Thread Information