87 205 GTI hub conversion?
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Icon5 87 205 GTI hub conversion?

I would like to change the hubs on my 87 205 gti with the 4X108 stud pattern to a more common size of 4X100 (which would widen the range of wheels), but would not even know to where to start, ideas?

Advertisement

Given your car is an early one, I would try to get some late hubs and modify those (drill, tap. etc - machine shop job). That will allow you later to use the larger discs and better callipers off 306 Pugs.

That is of course if you can't just use something off the shelf, but I am not aware of anything that would fit.
    ACHTUNG ALLES LOOKENPEEPERS

Das computermachine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitssparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken bei das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets-relaxen und watch das blinkenlights.

Tadpole

Another option I have looked at is a 4X108 to 4X100 adapter. I wonder if anyone else has used one?

Illegal.
    ACHTUNG ALLES LOOKENPEEPERS

Das computermachine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitssparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken bei das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets-relaxen und watch das blinkenlights.

Thread Information