306 instrument light replacement
  • Register
  • Help
    rek

Default 306 instrument light replacement

I think we've discussed this before here, but I can't find the thread on it. Anyway..

Advertisement

There are two instrument lights that have given up the ghost on my 306. The first is a fairly common one I think, it's the left hand side of the backlight for the clock/temperature display. The other one is the 'active' light for the rear demister -- just this evening I noticed that it is dimly lit (as normal for when you have the headlights on), but it never got brighter when I turned the demister on.

Does anyone know how easy it is to replace these globes, and if so, how it's done?

Cheers!
    Peter
    2008 Saab 9-3 1.9 TiD Sportcombi
    2011 Volvo C30 DRIVe 1.6D

I have a similar problem on the instrument cluster. There are three dials, one for the fan speed, climate control? and dimister dial. The backlight on the dimister dial has gone out. Does anyone know how to get into it to replace the bulb?

Also the fan has started to chirp after it has been on for a while, could be the fan blades or bearing...any clues how to get to it as well to lubricate or something to fix the noise which is driving me crazy
    2007 VW Jetta 2.0 TDi 6sp manual

2001 VW Bora 4-Motion - flooded away
    1998 Peugeot 406 SV manual - Gone to Hail Heaven
    1994 Silver S16 - Gone
    1983 505 Sti - Gone to good home

Thread Information