clutch replacement(labour)pricing 205gti
  • Register
  • Help

clutch replacement(labour)pricing 205gti

i m interested to know what i should expect to pay to fit a new clutch on my 87 208gti...since i work at autobarn i can get the clutch kit at a pretty good price but after been educated by u guys i m not keen on doing the job myself(obviously not as easy as an 81 golf)...i d preffer to pay more if i know the job will be done right....any suggestions in regards to quality of clutch kits (anything i should avoid)....good experiances with MELBOURNE mechanics...so basically a good recomendation on place and price....THANK YOU....looking forwards to replys...

cheers
    dino...

i had trouble keeping up with a vito (merc van) yesterday...its becoming embarassing and possibly a little bit dangerous...

Advertisement

sorry guys..its a 205gti...the 208 had the big 350 chev in it, hence different clutch...i ve got to learn how to edit these posts...

cheers
    dino

Fellow Frogger!
    I'm not sure about Melbourne but a guess would be around $800, you also have to factor in de-gassing and re-gassing the air-con as you have to degas it to get the clutch out. I think there is some approx cost in the post "replacing clutch on 87 205 GTi"
    05' Megane 225 Cup

yep that sounds close to the price.....
    we can help you out if you still need it done..
    regards paul.
    auto paris service centre.
    9890 8822

Fellow Frogger!
    when i do them in my worshop i only use valeo kits they can be pricey but i have never changed one under warranty in 27 years of fixing pugs and renos.the alloy pipe that runs under the gearbox i replace with a rubber one and run it over the top so next time its not in the way it will not get crushed next time you gutter hopp also.refil the gearbox with the genuine gearbox oil.and get the flywheel machined,it will most likely be scored and blue,these things ramp the price up but make a proper job of it, not just a good enough job.im fussy but it pays off.hth stuart.

thanks for the replys,,,$800....would this include the clutch kit????surely thats not JUST for labour? i d like to supply the clutch kit....all i m after is the fitting...???$$$???i didn t think it would be much more than $400...and thats at 8 hours at $50ph...???

cheers
    dino....yes i still need it done....but with 5 other cars 2 drive around in i m not totally desperate....205 is still my faveourite though so i d like to do something about it soon...this years resolution was for the superchrger to be fitted...so yes i d like to fit the clutch soon...

Thread Information