Engine hooks on gti-6
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By cam85
  • 1 Post By lion5

Thread: Engine hooks on gti-6

Default Engine hooks on gti-6

Hey there .. going to check top engine mount . Wondering if this part ive circled is a hook for an engine lifter . Theres one either side .. thnx Engine hooks on gti-6-uploadfromtaptalk1452849823229.jpg

Advertisement
    206 gti 180
    306 gti 6
    fx holden historic race car

Yep. There should be one on the other end of the head also.
    Grey_Lover likes this.
    94 205 Gti Classic #9
    91 205 Si
    87 205 GTi Race Car
    http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/res...-race-car.html

I dont think i can get a lifter in there with the bonnet on . Is it ok to jack up engine to hold it with a block of wood on jack on sump ? Thoughts ?
    206 gti 180
    306 gti 6

that's perfectly fine, less hassle too. THe larger the surface area block of wood hte safer for your sump
    Pour le peuple colonisé, la valeur la plus essentielle, parce que la plus concrète, c'est d'abord la terre: la terre qui doit assurer le pain et, bien sûr, la dignité.

Hey thnx .. sump does look solid
    206 gti 180
    306 gti 6

This is where im at . It's all loose . It doesnt fell right . How do i get it off ? is there a nut underneath ? Does this part screw off ? Pics showing movement ..
    206 gti 180
    306 gti 6

get a flat head and hammer the mount out, (anti-clockwise) the whole mount itself is screwed into a nut welded onto the chassis. you might be able to spray some wd40 from underneath if it is stuck badly
    Pour le peuple colonisé, la valeur la plus essentielle, parce que la plus concrète, c'est d'abord la terre: la terre qui doit assurer le pain et, bien sûr, la dignité.

Thnx .. im sure problem is that is too loose .. meaning nut has come
    Away from welded point . I can tell nut still locks into a position .. but its just difficult to get mount off cause it moves so much .
    I heard it knocking during the week after a reving so thats why i wanna check and inspect incase of chassis cracking ..
    206 gti 180
    306 gti 6

Well .. im a quitter . I just put it back together . Its not dangerous i guess but will need to be fixed .
    I guess that means its beer oclock : )
    206 gti 180
    306 gti 6

you mean that nut is moving around from its welded point?

lol that's well beyond me, someone else here will give you an idea of what woudl be involved. my guess is that someone needs to cut a hole around where the chassis shroud is, which will give better access to that nut, and either weld a new one on, or just use an ordinary nut.

but yeah judging by your picture, your mount looks like its in fairly good condition, mine was as soft an worn as an graphite artist's eraser.

here are some pictures i took a while back when i was working on mine. It took me a very very long time to get mine off, because it probably was never changed.

that's the nut from the underside, i slipped my camera in and got that.

the engine mount bracket which you can see there can be taken off, which gives you access to the shroud covering the nut. I can't think of any other way you'd get access to the nut, certainly not from the front side (where i took the photo you see above)

I think your right going in from the top .. was thinking of just cutting the mount out . I did try to get a spanner underneath briefly but no go . Its definitely fine to drive 2 .3.4.5 to 6th with full throttle and no noise . Just a knocking noise when taking off in first hardish . Idles good too with no engine movement even with a stationary rev . Theres not much science involved sometimes .. just the location .. grrr .
    206 gti 180
    306 gti 6

Yeah sry .. nut is moving . But locks in a position if i move mount back and forth .. so i think the base needs to be redone
    206 gti 180
    306 gti 6

how's the condition of the lower engine mount?

I havnt checked yet .. what should i look for ? Perished rubber ? Broken metal housing ?
    206 gti 180
    306 gti 6

just perished rubber, it will be obvious. Tears or cuts in it etc or just the usual dryness associated with any rubber compound that leeches petrochemicals over its life.

then your next step is to inspect the gearbx mount. You'll need to remove the battery for that one to see its condition.
    Grey_Lover likes this.

Thread Information