• Register
  • Help
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Demannu
  • 2 Post By Dijon16

Thread: please help few questions about my 406

Tadpole

Default please help few questions about my 406

hi everyone (admin please move if in wrong section)

Advertisement

so i have a 406 4 door v6 manual (early motor) sadly we have to part ways as i have another project i need the $ for. i know its hard without photos etc but just trying to get a rough idea of what the car is worth??

its in pretty good condition body isnt bad a few little scratches dents etc nothing major. has black leather interior sunroof etc which all works, factory alloys etc. drives really good and has 3 months rego.

as i said i know its hard with no pics but just trying to get a ballpark figure as i need to move it on asap..

thanks mrfrenchy

Fellow Frogger!

The price would probably top out at $5k for a really nice example, lot of variables though.

Consider that rego doesn't really contribute much to the price (not sure why people even list it personally). Correct me if I'm wrong but in NSW 3mths of rego works out to < $100, no?
    2000 306 GTi6 'Josie'

1000+ Posts

carsales.com.au will give you ball park $. I know why we mention rego. Combined with inspection and 3rd party it is a lot of money, particularly in Sydney and nearby.

Quote Originally Posted by seasink View Post
    carsales.com.au will give you ball park $. I know why we mention rego. Combined with inspection and 3rd party it is a lot of money, particularly in Sydney and nearby.
    I agree. The value of the actual rego is not of great consequence, but sometimes the cost of getting it to / through a mechanical inspection for re-registration and the repairs often demanded by overly officious inspection agents can be a needless aggravation. I have found this to be the case in both QLD & NSW anyway. Especially if the vehicle is coming in from previous rego in another state.
    Cheers, Peter J
    Current - 1974 D Special
    : 1976 16TS
    Previous - 1984 CX 25 IE : 1976 16TS : 1979 12 Virage

1000+ Posts

I have a Series II 406 (D9) V6 manual which I paid $3,500 for a couple of years ago with some rego. You don't mention distance travelled, but it's unlikely to have done less than 200,000km (mine has done c. 270,000km).

Don't get your hopes up - I think you'll struggle to get $3,000. The exception is for HDis (diesels) - especially HDi wagons. These have held their value much better.

Cheers

Alec

I bought a '99 406 V6 manual from Melbourne a couple of years ago, cost me $400. Nothing wrong with it. Drove it back from Melbourne to Brisbane, didn't miss a beat. Sadly, unless it is in pristine condition, it's not worth much. Such a shame, because they are a beautiful car to drive.
    addo and Pug4eva like this.
    Scotty

Melbourne - Dandenong Ranges

1956 Peugeot 403 - 'Francois' - resto project

1969 Peugeot 504 - 'Pascal' - daily driver project

1970 Peugeot 404 Utility - 'Brutus' - resto project

1978 Peugeot 604 - as yet unnamed - V6 on straight LPG

1987 Peugeot 505 - as yet unnamed - project car

1999 Peugeot 406 Coupé - 'Chloe' - 5 speed manual

2011 Peugeot 3008 XTE HDi - 'Zoe' - hatchback on steroids

2014 Peugeot RCZ - 'Remy'

1999 Range Rover 4.6 HSE - 'Grover' - tow car

Tadpole

thanks for the replies guys. i wrote the rego because if a vehicle is unregod in nsw sometimes it costs more to rego it than what the car is worth. if its been out for more the a 3 moths it needs a blueslip and years rego whic depending on the vehicle can be around the $1000 mark so yeah rego makes a difference. honestly im going to be asking mega dollars for it anyway from memory i think it has around 190000 or something on it. i think ill clean it up and put $1500 on it and see what happens.

thanks guys

The first thing that anyone will, or should, ask about it is when the cam belt was last changed, in both milage and time.

Next thing is the clutch. Then the aircon. At least it should have no rust.

If any of those needs doing, esp the cam belt, then the vehicle can be said to have no commercial value, as the cost of any repairs will easily exceed what anyone will be prepared to pay for it - no matter how good the condition it is in.
    addo and TrinityJayOne like this.

And people will probably want a receipt to prove the cam belt has been changed.

Thread Information