Thinking of selling [Pug 307 2006 - Melbourne]
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Thinking of selling [Pug 307 2006 - Melbourne]

I've got a nice little 307 1.6 XS manual which is in the shop getting a replacement gearbox.

It's got only 130,000 kms and a read leather interior.

I am thinking of selling it because we are a two car family and both are manual and my wife needs an Auto.

Does anyone know what the market is like for these? I have practically new tyres on (6months) and 11 months rego.

Advertisement

Would it be worth selling it, trading it or maybe even selling it as a parts car?

feedback appreciated

Check out carsales.com.au and see what it is worth

UNM
    Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by driven View Post
    Check out carsales.com.au and see what it is worth

In Melbourne, probably worth around $4000-$4500 as a rough guide. You could ask more and spend months waiting for it to sell (or might just get lucky). Peugeots around these parts are common enough, but prices are low. My daughter bought her 2003 307 1.6 auto with 95,000km over 2 years ago for $4400 with a years registration from the original owner. Manuals generally sell for less than auto.

TBH, putting a new transmission in it was probably not the best choice, from a financial point of view.

Good luck whatever you decide to do.

I struggled 3 months ago to eventually $5000 as a private sale for a 3004 HDi manual that was a clean car with 170,000 km, a tow bar and roof bars, a new clutch, just serviced with a new timing belt, water pump, idlers, seals, accessory belt and idlers, 9 months reg and a RWC.

I replaced it with a 2007 HDi auto from a dealer with 200,000 km, a tow bar for $7000 incl 6 months reg, RWC and transfer fees.

When that one caught fire and was written off I replaced it with a nicer one, also from a dealer with 176,000 km, no tow bar, for $6000 with 6 months red and RWC.
    Hugh.

Tadpole

Thanks for the feedback all.. I managed to source a cheap enough cogbox, just waiting for it to go in. TBH my missus just wants it gone for now so it'll probably get traded. :-D

Thread Information