• Help
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By timzzzster
  • 1 Post By speaksgeek
  • 2 Post By SLC206

Thread: 206 gti 180 - cruise control

Tadpole

Default 206 gti 180 - cruise control

any idea if the gti 180 is cruise control ready? meaning i just have to buy the cruise control stalk and the brake pedal sensor for it to work? im doing some long drives so this would be helpful.

Advertisement

also, i found a guided slot opposite the radio control where the cruise control stalk exactly fits.

The elusive cruise control on the 180. The very first 180 advertising material in 2002/03 had this feature.

You only need the stalk (easy to source, there are 2 versions one with speed limiter), easy to install. But it's impossible to activate. Those who tried were met with an 'unavailable/greyed out' line instead of disabled/enabled.

On the 307/307cc/sw it can be enabled. Sadly not on the 180.

In Peugeot servicebox using the 180 VIN number, it shows the diagram including the stalk but cannot be selected to be priced. Also on a French forum someone from Spain tried to do it without success, although the steering column looked cooler with the stalk. Someone in 2006 got the official word from Peugeot that they will never make it an option on the 180. The group on that forum thought of petitioning Peugeot, but that's how far it didn't go.

Later 206 models did have it
    http://www.forum-auto.com/marques/Pe...sujet84548.htm

In Australia: ‘05 206 GTi 180 and '97 406 v6
    In Lebanon: ‘09 C3 Exclusive

All in Silver

Previously '01 206 GTi

Interesting to note, someone from Feb 2006 on a different forum mentioned that cruise control was an option!

que pensez vous de la 206 rc - Page 2 - Auto titre

Nouveau tarif pour la 206 RC: 22 650€

Et nouvelle option au catalogue, le regulateur de vitesse facturé 220€

All in Silver

Previously '01 206 GTi

It was never a factory option on the GTi180 sold here.

You will need more than a stalk: it would need a brake switch, a clutch switch and an electronic throttle system.

Most of that is there, other than possibly the clutch switch and the required throttle pedal with a detent for the speed limiter function.

Based on the second french page linked, it would appear a new BSi and speedo cluster would also be needed for the factory system to work.

At any rate, it does appear cruise control eventually made it to some very late model 206s (possibly only HDi versions). I don't think any late model Australian 206s came with the option.
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Get an AusCruise fitted by a mobile technician. Had one on the GTI6 for years. Brilliant! AusCruise by Charge Plus

Quote Originally Posted by dhaw View Post
    Get an AusCruise fitted by a mobile technician. Had one on the GTI6 for years. Brilliant! AusCruise by Charge Plus
    My information may be inaccurate but AFAIK an aftermarket cruise control cannot be fitted to the 180. Isn't it connected through a cable onto an electronic TB?

All in Silver

Previously '01 206 GTi

Quote Originally Posted by Pug4eva View Post
    My information may be inaccurate but AFAIK an aftermarket cruise control cannot be fitted to the 180. Isn't it connected through a cable onto an electronic TB?
    AusCruise by Charge Plus

Tadpole

ooopsss! that sounds expensive thanks for all the input, guys! i really appreciate it. as i am still a student, i would opt to use my big right foot for manual cruising lol
    pug206gti likes this.

I've upgraded from a 206 XRS with no Cruise Control, to 180 that has it from the factory. It's 2005. I'll never have a car without it.

Well I'm gutted. 😩
    Just found out, after reading on another forum about installing a better stereo in the 180, that my 180 doesn't have Cruise Control after all. The stalk I thought was the CC is in fact the stereo controls. As Im currently restoring the car, I haven't had a chance to actually drive it yet on the highway. It a bit useless really. The radio is pretty much the same distance away as the stalk control.
    Go figure 😳

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Steve View Post
    Well I'm gutted
    Just found out, after reading on another forum about installing a better stereo in the 180, that my 180 doesn't have Cruise Control after all. The stalk I thought was the CC is in fact the stereo controls. As Im currently restoring the car, I haven't had a chance to actually drive it yet on the highway. It a bit useless really. The radio is pretty much the same distance away as the stalk control.
    Go figure
    I was a bit surprised to hear you had it, so that's good to know.
    I find the controls to be very useful, despite the distances being the same, as you say. I've found that where steering controls are on the right hand, they are pretty useful, on the left hand - not so much.
    Aussie Steve likes this.
    1984 505 Executive Auto

206 GTi 180 - '804 Cat Cams, Jenvey DBW 48mm ITB's, AT Power Dry Sump, Emtron KV8 ECU, HP Electronik PDM, AIM MXS Dash, Custom Wiring Harness. AST Camber Tops & Coilovers, -2deg camber hubs by Frogstomp Racing, 24mm Torsion Bars, AP Racing brakes, Custom Radiator and Oil cooler, 3J Plate LSD, E85.

Sandown - 1:31.5, Winton - 1:40.2, Wakefield - 1:11.05, Phillip Island - 1:55.9
    Nürburgring - 10:23.ish (Fiesta ST)

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Steve View Post
    It a bit useless really. The radio is pretty much the same distance away as the stalk control.
    Go figure 
    Being able to control 100% of your stereo without removing your hand from the wheel will be second nature to you in very short order.

Much more sensible than the current models, with require you to remove your hand from the wheel, so that you can press a button on the wheel itself

However, as motoring journalists are stupid, they were unable to work this out and complained until Peugeot changed the stalk to steering wheel buttons.
    pug206gti and Aussie Steve like this.
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Thread Information