307 (2008) 2 L HDI Fuel Filler Cap Type
  • Register
  • Help
    wai
    Tadpole

Default 307 (2008) 2 L HDI Fuel Filler Cap Type

G'day,

My brother has just purchased a used 2008 Peugeot 307 2 L HDI wagon and would like to fit diesel mis-fuelling device like the Diesel Key. There are others who will use it who have petrol engined cars.

My question is what type of file cap is it?

Advertisement

All check lists from the suppliers say it is a screw in cap, however I tried a spare Caparo screw in unit, and it is not a screw in unit. The standard locking cap appears to be more like a bayonet cap, however when you use it and lock it, there is no push and twist action.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks.

1000+ Posts

Some Euro cars have a gadget that won't let in a smaller nozzle that doesn't firmly touch opposite sides of the tube. I don't know about your car, but this mob makes aftermarket ones - Misfuelling - SoloDiesel -- Misfuelling Prevention Cap which I think are available at NRMA/RACQ etc shops.

The locking cap type is used on Cits also, and it may be a European standard.

Here is the BMW solution-
    307 (2008) 2 L HDI Fuel Filler Cap Type-misfueling_protection_system.jpg

1000+ Posts

You might also come across caps by Caparo, https://www.raa.com.au/shop/safety-a...ayonet-fitting or this one, the Fuel Angel- The Fuel Angel - The Misfuelling Prevention Device

wai
    Tadpole

Yes, this is the type of aftermarket device I am looking at. I have a VW and it takes a screw in unit as the standard cap screws in and then can be locked with a key.

i got the Caparo for my VW initially, but changed it for a Diesel Key. The thing is you have to order either the screw in unit or the bayonet fit unit depending on how the standard fuel cap is used to close the filler pipe.

I looked into the one you provided a link on, but it was still knowing which one to order. The other thing about the Solo unit is that there is no overall cap, and relies on the flap to seal the tank. History shows this is not the best.

I am hoping someone has fitted one of these and knows which type to order as the distributors are not keen on returns, and the buyer has to nominate one or the other.

Thanks for the link.
    Last edited by wai; 5th January 2016 at 08:14 PM.

1000+ Posts

You made me go and look. The Citroen C5 HDI has a misfueling prevention device. The giveaway is a flap, that blocks a nozzle that cannot unlock it. Check your car.

wai
    Tadpole

The fuel Angel is like the Diesel Key (or the other way). Importing one from the UK becomes extremely expensive though. It is cheaper to get the Diesel Key, but we have to decide whether to risk it and get the bayonet one.

wai
    Tadpole

No, the 307 does not have any prevention device. It is open right into the tank.

Thread Information