306 oil level indicator
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default 306 oil level indicator

Howdy all

I have a problem with the oil level indicator in mi 94' 306 xt. Seems to register a minor amount of oil. Concerned as i have recently changed iol and oil filter.

Advertisement

Cheers

Lorenzo.

Quote Originally Posted by staelens
    Howdy all

I have a problem with the oil level indicator in mi 94' 306 xt. Seems to register a minor amount of oil. Concerned as i have recently changed iol and oil filter.

Cheers

Lorenzo.
    Are you talking about the level indicator built into the oil presure guage on the dash or the dip stick? I'd trust the dip stick over anything else.
    B to the R to the A from the D
    1994 MX5 Clubman...are you sure it's not French?

Most XU engines have an oil level sender fitted. This includes most 205s, 306s, 405s etc.

Thing is on most cars there is no wiring to the sender. The sender is used simply as an (expensive) plug for the crankcase!

In case you're interested, the sender is on the back of the cylinder block. It has two spade terminals.

Having two spade terminals, it must be pretty simple - 'resistive' I'm guessing from an electrical point of view. If this is indeed the case, check your wiring - two wires going direcly from those spade terminals to the dash meter.
    Last edited by 205 GTI16; 29th March 2004 at 04:22 PM.

Thread Information