405 radiator hose removal
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default 405 radiator hose removal

Hi fellow Pughuggers.
    I became an owner of my first 405 SRDT. (1 404 ute. 1 404 sw. I 1800 504. 1 LTI 504. 3 505 sedans. 1 505 GTI sw. 1 306 XSI. 1 307 180 Sport.)
    Beaut car. Rad issue. Hose removal? Rest of rad removal. I removed hoses and top retainer clips. What holds em down on the lower section?
    Ferdinand Porsche.
    HNY 2 all.

Advertisement

Fellow Frogger!

Hose clips are a bugger. Nearly.....nearly got top one off by rotating. Is that correct?

With my 405 the hoses had a bayonet connection which required you to twist them to remove them.

Fellow Frogger!

Im not sure if that is what these are but l rotated what looks like a tri-clip ring.
    Any way l was chasing an overheating problem with pretty well maintained 4yr old rad. Coolant was bit murky? Was tge fans working like they should be?

No. The two top clips let go. The top of the rad had leaned back 3 and squashed the top hose against the air filter box, crimping said hose, restricting the flow. Car got to 100C. Lucky it was coolant.

Fellow Frogger!

Ta for your response

Fellow Frogger!

Default rad finished

I did not get bot rad to block hose off. It was a bugger to access. Between condensor and radiator there was 1/3 filled with road debris. Rad n block reqd 3 flushes befire it was really clear (l got Mars in Virgo, lol).
    But the main issue was that the top retainer clips had let go and rad was leaning back to motor 3. Ive only just got the car. The Block to top rad was crimped against the air filter box. That l think was the main problem.
    Mensch!!!😠
    Thanks, Keith

Thread Information