LSD for live axle 504?
  • Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 10 of 10
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Bob D

Thread: LSD for live axle 504?

  1. #1
    Fellow Frogger!
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    306

    Default LSD for live axle 504?

    A friend has a 504L, it is an economy version that was produced for Europe. These models have a live axle like the 504 pick up. He is looking for an LSD, preferably a short one like 4.89. Does such a thing exist?

    Advertisement

  2. #2
    Fellow Frogger! Rally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Pearl Beach NSW
    Posts
    548

    Default

    Any independent suspension diff center will fit into the live rear axle.
    I have changed a few from a live axle into an independent center , to do that the crown wheel needs to enlarged to accept the larger diameter drive shaft of the independent drive shaft , not a problem going the other way.
    The 4.85 ratio is hard to find and the reason for my swaps was that I could only find the 4.85 in a ute live axle.
    Andy
    Peugeot 504 Rally car V6
    Peugeot 504 LTI
    Peugeot 504 Ti
    Citroen SM
    Citroen Light 15
    Peugeot 406 SV 5 speed
    Citroen DS23 EFi Safari
    Toyota Land Criuser V8 Super charged ( to tow the rally car )
    Rally with www.AMSAG.com.au

  3. #3
    Fellow Frogger!
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rally View Post
    Any independent suspension diff center will fit into the live rear axle.
    I have changed a few from a live axle into an independent center , to do that the crown wheel needs to enlarged to accept the larger diameter drive shaft of the independent drive shaft , not a problem going the other way.
    The 4.85 ratio is hard to find and the reason for my swaps was that I could only find the 4.85 in a ute live axle.
    Andy
    Thanks, Andy! So I assume the Quaife center we use for the IRS 504 will also work for the live axle?

  4. #4
    Fellow Frogger!
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Our most Southern Member (Tas)
    Posts
    277

    Default

    Thanos
    I would have thought a diff from a 4 speed auto wagon Series 2 GTI would be the easiest option.
    Bob
    Wildebeest and peujohn like this.

  5. #5
    Fellow Frogger!
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob D View Post
    Thanos
    I would have thought a diff from a 4 speed auto wagon Series 2 GTI would be the easiest option.
    Bob
    Thanks, Bob! I don't have any information on this model, is the diff limited slip? what is the CWP ratio?

  6. #6
    Fellow Frogger!
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Our most Southern Member (Tas)
    Posts
    277

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThanosK View Post
    Thanks, Bob! I don't have any information on this model, is the diff limited slip? what is the CWP ratio?
    Thanos,

    From memory it is close to a 4.89 if not that.
    Only the wagon model matched with the 4 speed auto over here had them I think.
    LSD.....Yes.

    Bob

  7. #7
    Fellow Frogger!
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    306

    Default

    j
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob D View Post
    Thanos,

    From memory it is close to a 4.89 if not that.
    Only the wagon model matched with the 4 speed auto over here had them I think.
    LSD.....Yes.

    Bob
    Thanks Bob, I will try to locate one!

  8. #8
    Fellow Frogger! Rally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Pearl Beach NSW
    Posts
    548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThanosK View Post
    Thanks, Bob! I don't have any information on this model, is the diff limited slip? what is the CWP ratio?
    CWP ratio of our Aussie Series II GTi 4 speed auto is 4.6 , I know because I have bought a few cars just to get the diff for the rally car.
    Peugeot 504 Rally car V6
    Peugeot 504 LTI
    Peugeot 504 Ti
    Citroen SM
    Citroen Light 15
    Peugeot 406 SV 5 speed
    Citroen DS23 EFi Safari
    Toyota Land Criuser V8 Super charged ( to tow the rally car )
    Rally with www.AMSAG.com.au

  9. #9
    Fellow Frogger!
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Our most Southern Member (Tas)
    Posts
    277

    Default

    Andy,
    I have stripped a sedan LSD and you are right, it is a 4.6.
    However the wagon has a lower ratio if my memory serves me correctly and it could bolt straight into the solid rear axle with a bit of luck.
    Bob

  10. #10
    Fellow Frogger!
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    306

    Default

    Thanks for the info, boys, I will look for a ute or sw!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •