• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: 307 HDi 2.0l Lack of power - Turbo fault code P2562 P0299

Tadpole

Icon5 307 HDi 2.0l Lack of power - Turbo fault code P2562 P0299

Hi I have just joined the forum.
    There are other forums that discuss this problem but they are overseas.
    So I'm hoping to find others in Australia that have had similar problems to ours.
    Our Peugeot is a 2007 150,000K hatchback. It has been trouble free and regularly serviced every 10,000K's.
    We live in the country, so don't experience traffic lights or the need to accelerate much.
    On driving to Perth I noticed these symptoms.

The car starts and drives well until you want to overtake or go up a long steep hill then there is a noticeable lack of power.
    It is not as quick as it used to be, and changes gears a lot more.
    We have had the fault for about 2 weeks and you hardly notice it if you use cruise and drive in the country moderately.
    The local mechanic put his computer on it and these fault codes came up:
    "P2562 Turbo Valve Position copy signal value lower than setting"
    "P0299 Turbo pressure signal Pressure to low"

Advertisement

Help please!

1000+ Posts

When I look up the PSA manual, P2562 is giving trop de suralimentation - too much boost; and P0299 is giving pas assez de suralimentation, the opposite. Both faults are referred to the "global" and "local" sensors.

The turbocharger itself, as well as the exhaust gas recirculation are controled by vacuum lines. These are in turn open and closed by electrically operated valves directed by the computer.

Has anyone checked the vacuum valve?
    Last edited by seasink; 13th December 2015 at 10:26 PM.

Tadpole

Thanks for your interest seasink.
    Do the brakes work on the same vacuum? The brakes are fine.
    However I think that one possible fault could be a leak in some vacuum line.

Tadpole

Further to this fault, I have looked on ebay to see what spare parts people are buying to do with turbos and 307 Peugeots
    People have bought 55 of these ( see picture) Turbo actuator position sensor so I guess these fail a lot.307 HDi 2.0l Lack of power - Turbo fault code P2562  P0299-turbo-actuator-position-sensor.jpg
    Dows anyone know where this part is located?

1000+ Posts

The diesels need a vacuum pump, which is mounted at the end of the front camshaft, gearbox end. I don't suspect the turbo mounted device shown - it pulls an arm in and out as vacuum varies. Follow the vacuum line up and you will come to a black solenoid valve that regulates the amount of vacuum supplied to the turbo. These fail from time to time and are also found all over eBay. They can be checked. You may find an identical one controlling the EGR valve on some engines. If you swap a crook one, the trouble should change over to the EGR also.

We had this in both the 406 Hdi Same symptoms, different problem. One was a blocked fuel filter. The other was a duff egr valve.
    You will have to investigate further. The fault coming up as "Turbo low/high boost doesn't necessarily mean the fault is the turbo, lots of other problems cause the ECU to tell the turbo to reduce the boost to prevent engine damage.
    I don't know about 2007 models, they probably have a more electronic control over the egr and wastegate than my earlier models (MY 2000 & 2003.) As Seasink says above I would be starting with the controls for the egr and wastegate. I haven't had a problem with the vacuum solenoids but lots of others have. Search through the UK Pug forums, they are a wealth of knowledge.
    Good luck and let us know what happens.
    If all else fails, believe it or not, Allpikes are pretty good at these things, exxy but.
    I'll put my flame suit on now.
    Armageddon was yesterday
    Today we have a problem

2000 406 Hdi X 3
    2003 307 Hdi

Tadpole

Thanks for the suggestions Ren25.
    I have been pulling the covers off and trying to see these things as mentioned by seasink and info I have from other forums.
    Very tight in there compared to my ek holden which was the last car I fully understood!
    I rang the two Perth Peugeot dealers and they tried to be helpful ( after I got through to the top mechanic). The Allpike guy said they keep the vacuum lines in stock!
    Trouble is Allpikes are in Osb Park and we are in Mokine 100km away.

1000+ Posts

If the error messages are telling the full story your turbo isn't being controlled according to engine need, as determined by the computer. It is vacuum controlled with a sensor on the turbo rod to feedback to the computer (the gadget you showed). Ren25 and I are both suggesting you look at the vacuum system first, as it's easy to do and a common problem. Ren25 had EGR trouble in an earlier engine.

Vacuum is shared with the brakes, and you are pumping well enough to stop. If the style cover is off you can see a rubber tube running from the vacuum pump to the solenoid control valve (electrovanne in Peugeot-speak). The plastic valve is opened and closed by an electric signal from the computer (ie vacuum in and out, plus wires). A vacuum tube then runs from it down the back to the turbo control rod. A leak or non-function in this system will leave the turbo improperly adjusted for load.

A similar arrangement controls the EGR. The suggestion is look here first before you tackle sensors and the computer system.

Fellow Frogger

Quote Originally Posted by RobAnneMoky View Post
    ... The Allpike guy said they keep the vacuum lines in stock!...
    Look for a crack in the Y-piece joiner in the vacuum lines down the front of the block. Common problem on RHR DW10 engines. If it's cracked, you never get full boost, so cut it out and replace with a generic y-piece and some rubber hose joiners.

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by David S View Post
    Look for a crack in the Y-piece joiner in the vacuum lines down the front of the block. Common problem on RHR DW10 engines. If it's cracked, you never get full boost, so cut it out and replace with a generic y-piece and some rubber hose joiners.
    Thanks for your interest too David! I've looked for this legendary Y piece and cant find it. Where should I look or has anybody got a picture? Here is one that may be what you are talking about. 307 HDi 2.0l Lack of power - Turbo fault code P2562  P0299-wastegate-solenoid.jpg
    Is this where I should look?

Fellow Frogger

The picture seems to be pointing to a solenoid valve.
    It should be further left and I assume the same as for a C5. See:
    C5 power down

Tadpole

Thanks everyone for helping. I'll post 3 photos just taken. One shows the Vacuum pump with 3 lines. These go to various places and gadgets. They seem in good condition and are held in place by heat resistant binding. Around the oil filter I have taken a picture of 4 vacuum lines together on their way to an electro gadget. Two go there two go past. But no Y pieces 307 HDi 2.0l Lack of power - Turbo fault code P2562  P0299-vacuum-pump-3-vacuum-lines.jpg . Maybe on my model they tried to fix this problem?307 HDi 2.0l Lack of power - Turbo fault code P2562  P0299-4-vacuum-tubes.jpg307 HDi 2.0l Lack of power - Turbo fault code P2562  P0299-device-2-vacuum-tubes-between-oil-filter-ac-pump.jpg

Fellow Frogger

Look at this item on eBay (it's not a diesel pipe):
    PEUGEOT 307 2.0 HDI DOHC 16 VALVE RHR DIESEL FUEL RETURN PIPES 2006 RHR ENGINE | eBay
    which is supposedly for your model and you'll see a white 3-way in the middle. That's what commonly lets go.

Much more clearly shown in this listing for a 407 item:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321739104549?rmvSB=true

If it's not there, then it must be different for some reason and I apologise for leading you astray!

307 HDi 2.0l Lack of power - Turbo fault code P2562  P0299-hdivac1s.jpg307 HDi 2.0l Lack of power - Turbo fault code P2562  P0299-hdivac2s.jpg
    Last edited by David S; 16th December 2015 at 11:52 PM.

Tadpole

Wow David (and everyone else) You were right!
    I took more bits of the car after you showed me what the vacuum line assembly looks like and there it was. A tiny crack in the Y piece (see photos). Once I started trying to get the Y piece off the lines it broke where the crack was.
    I tried to drill out the nylon spigots from all three lines. But that made a mess and I had to suck out the debris.
    In hindsight it would be easier to cut the pipes on an angle and sleeve over them with irrigation micro tubing, and then attach the T piece. This what I eventually did as it proved impossible to push the micro T into the lines.
    I guess it's not as good as original. Not sure how long the micro tubing will last.
    The car is back to her old self - plenty of power for hills and overtaking no worries!

307 HDi 2.0l Lack of power - Turbo fault code P2562  P0299-where-i-found-broken-y-piece.jpg307 HDi 2.0l Lack of power - Turbo fault code P2562  P0299-replace-broken-y-black-micro-irrigation-fitting.jpg307 HDi 2.0l Lack of power - Turbo fault code P2562  P0299-irrigation-fittings-situ.jpg~
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 307 HDi 2.0l Lack of power - Turbo fault code P2562  P0299-broken-y-piece.jpg  

1000+ Posts

Excellent result. Vacuum fault = uncontrolled turbo. You should have little trouble getting a brass or nylon one from an industrial supplier, or even a car parts place like Autobarn. That should outlast the garden fitting.

Fellow Frogger

That is a good result and it looks like a neat repair that's as good as the rest of the vacuum pipes.

The EGR valve was mentioned by Ren25. The RHR engines have an (expensive) electric EGR valve with a poppet valve inside rather than the vacuum unit used on the earlier DW10 engine. The earlier incarnations of the EGR valve on the RHR engine sometimes dropped the valve head or had the actuator arm come adrift from the motor. If it fails open, the car will be almost impossible to start, but blanking off the EGR would be a workaround to get home. A blanking plate with an 8mm hole fitted under the EGR valve has sometimes cured annoying surging at speed on a light throttle.

G'day group looking for help to access the turbo actuator sensor 307 2Lt RHR .

Although not an oil burner, this thread may be of interest.

BMW PRINCE ENGINE - turbo fault codes - P2263, P0299

Cheers.
    The French Tart… 207cc Sport THP150 and now a RCZ Mk2 THP200

thank you but not in my case

Cheers Pal.

I long for my Holden HR Premier 186S, four on the floor (Opel g/box). NO sensors at all.
    The French Tart… 207cc Sport THP150 and now a RCZ Mk2 THP200

Tadpole

So, I've got a similar issue (turbo pressure fault codes P2562 and P0299) Although checking the y-piece it looks good. I couldn't see any visible cracks.

The two solenoids located near the oil filter. I have switched them for a set of ones from another car.

Just wanting to double check if they're actually plugged in correctly (I worked on this car a few years back and can't remember if i switched them around.)

Theres two valves one is for the EGR and one for turbo and both have different switches. One is connect to a switch/connector that goes to another connector beneath/near the oil filter. The other goes up towards a bunch of vac lines near the intake manifold.

Is there a picture of what it should look like?

Also if it isn't the above, what could it be? The turbo position sensor that is on ebay? EGR? (i hope not)

Cheers

1000+ Posts

Simplest thing - one of the pipes is split or holed? Look for evidence of rubbing on something.
    dmccurtayne likes this.

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

Check the intercooler pipes also the t piece will only have a little black mark on it if it’s original change it anyway

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
    Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
    Fix it right the first time
    Garage C5 X7 4008
    Gone but not forgotten 3008 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring

Tadpole

Sorry didn't see the replies till now. Thanks guys

I'll go through the vac lines again looking for holes/splits. I do think it's the original t-piece.
    Just did the starter motor, so I think the intercooler pipes are okay. I'll re check anyway.

I went into diagbox and tried to trigger the three solenoids. Apparently you run the engine for a bit and turn it off to load up vacuum. The intercooler/air solenoid made an audible click.
    The EGR and turbo option did not. I sourced a turbo solenoid actuator (sits behind motor near glow plugs area). Is there one for the EGR too?

The egr is electric with respect I think your over egging the pudding it’s a basic system using diag box can you see a change in parameters on the turbo recopy sensor when you load the engine if yes you have a leak in the turbo out put circuit if no you have a vacuum leak when was the last time the oil filter was changed

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
    Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
    Garage C5 X7 4008
    Gone but not forgotten 3008 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information