Peugeot 504 Weber questions
  • Register
  • Help

Default Peugeot 504 Weber questions

Hi all

My 1972 504 still has the original Solex carby and even though it was rebuilt about 10 years ago, it is starting to show signs that it needs another rebuild.

I have been looking into doing the Weber carby swap. Which carby is best for the straight swap? I am sticking with manual choke. The options seem to be either the 32/36 DGV or the 38 DGMS. I would like to fit the 38 unless you all think differently.

Other questions are:

1. Will the 38 fit straight onto the existing original inlet manifold?
    2. I am assuming that the Weber carb does not need coolant running through it and therefore I will have to reroute the 3 hoses?

Original oil bath will also disappear as a foam filter will sit on top of Weber carb.

I am looking at some more performance.

Advertisement

Thanks heaps

VIP Sponsor

The early Solex is the best for performance. They have a real kick when you open the second barrel, which the Webers just haven't have.
    I have a few genuine Solex kits for these carbies.

Quote Originally Posted by Pug72 View Post
    Hi all

My 1972 504 still has the original Solex carby and even though it was rebuilt about 10 years ago, it is starting to show signs that it needs another rebuild.

I have been looking into doing the Weber carby swap. Which carby is best for the straight swap? I am sticking with manual choke. The options seem to be either the 32/36 DGV or the 38 DGMS. I would like to fit the 38 unless you all think differently.

Other questions are:

1. Will the 38 fit straight onto the existing original inlet manifold?
    2. I am assuming that the Weber carb does not need coolant running through it and therefore I will have to reroute the 3 hoses?

Original oil bath will also disappear as a foam filter will sit on top of Weber carb.

I am looking at some more performance.

Thanks heaps

Thread Information