2007 Peugeot 407 2.7 HDI v6 Starting problems
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Balki
  • 1 Post By seasink

Thread: 2007 Peugeot 407 2.7 HDI v6 Starting problems

Default 2007 Peugeot 407 2.7 HDI v6 Starting problems

Having a problem with my 2007 407 2.7 HDi sometimes it will start no problems and sometime it will start like it's got a flat battery , 3 months ago i bought a new battery thinking it would fix the problem, no luck .if i let the engine crank too long it will give an Depolution system fault and the engine light will stay on. had to take my daughter to school ,when arrived back home engine was up to temp, turned off the motor then turned it back on , the engine light went out as normal ????

Advertisement

when you say it starts like it's got a flat battery, do you mean it terns over slowly, or it just takes a lot of cranking to start?

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by Grantk65 View Post
    Having a problem with my 2007 407 2.7 HDi sometimes it will start no problems and sometime it will start like it's got a flat battery , 3 months ago i bought a new battery thinking it would fix the problem, no luck .if i let the engine crank too long it will give an Depolution system fault and the engine light will stay on. had to take my daughter to school ,when arrived back home engine was up to temp, turned off the motor then turned it back on , the engine light went out as normal ????
    My 2006 407 (same model V6 diesel) original battery lasted 9 years. I did not experience any "flat battery" type symptoms and only once saw the DPF light after some prolonged town type driving. Possible suggestions could include a starter motor check, glow plug activation / timer check, battery cable connections and possibly having a computer error code print out.

Excessive cranking would be putting a lot of raw fuel into the DPF system, apart from not being too healthy for the car electrics overall. In starting, especially from cold, I always waited until the OIL OK message displayed before engaging the starter. As the battery is in the boot, it is not subjected to excessive temperature changes as occurs in the engine bay, which does contribute to a long life.

Cheers,

K

I have read on the C6 forum that starter motor can create those symptoms, pulling battery voltage down to 8.8v randomly
    Grantk65 likes this.

any updates on getting this issue fixed

Sorry for the slow reply People , Found out from my local Peugeot dealer that it is the starter motor. they want $1300 to fix. but i'm not willing to pay that much when i can get a new starter for $450 and do it my self. All i need is a decent picture of the engine or maybe a video on the best way to 1. find the starter motor and 2. How to get the bloody thing out lol. Any HELP would be appreciated

1000+ Posts

The most spaghettified engine in the world! I don't own one, so may be wrong, but pending better advice, take a look under the fuel filter.
    Grantk65 likes this.

Thank you Seasink, That,s where it was. i have now removed the starter motor just awaiting on the new one to arrive.
    Last edited by Grantk65; 19th March 2016 at 09:29 AM.

Just an update on the starter motor, i have now installed the new starter motor, it actually cost me $890 not $450 as i was miss quoted. But well worth it. i will be posting pictures and valuable information on how i done this. i hope this will be a big help to someone else that has this type of engine It's not as hard as it looks, the good thing is i did not break anything removing and installing the starter motor and i had no no bolts left over lol.

That's a whole lot of starter. I suggest you join the official website, Service Box and pretend to be an independent vehicle repairer. This is free, and it will both help turn up the correct part numbers for your car and proposed local RRP. (RRP in this case for your starter, P/N 5802FE, is $1032.35)

With the part numbers, you are then free to shop elsewhere, resulting in savings on some items. More choice, more money stays in your pocket.

5802FE in Vehicle Parts and Accessories | eBay

OEM: Wood Auto Supplies Ltd :: DENDSN942

Thread Information