• Register
  • Help
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By addo
  • 1 Post By bowie
  • 1 Post By PeterT

Thread: Peugeot Mi16s

Default Peugeot Mi16s

Why are all the good, reasonably priced Mi16s interstate?

Advertisement

Peugeot 405 MI16 | Cars, Vans & Utes | Gumtree Australia Gosford Area - North Avoca | 1095650469
    and

Peugeot 405 Mi16 MY95 | Cars, Vans & Utes | Gumtree Australia Geelong City - Highton | 1092146054

I would love another of these, but interstate buying is such a nuisance. Did they not sell in great numbers in Queensland?

You'll never find one to your standards!
    Greencoupe likes this.

I have a perfect white S2 Mi16. Its got headgasket issues otherwise is the best ive ever seen. Ifs done 224k and will need some suspension bushing work (+the headgasket kit efc of course). Otherwise its a mint car. Paint and interior are 9.5/10. I was asking 1k for it but now want to keep it. I bought mine from Act and will need to transfer it into nsw reg. I bought it because it was so good.

Point being. If its a good one, the extra little bit of money for the hassle will be outweighed by the quality if the drive.

Just my 2 cents I guess.

Not sure of the numbers sold in Qld, maybe contact Fish. He usually has one for sale!

Cam
    94 205 Gti Classic #9
    91 205 Si
    87 205 GTi Race Car
    http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/res...-race-car.html

Congrats Cam. I think I know the car you purchased.

It isn't the drive that bothers me but all of the dickering around one has to do in QLD to get an interstate car. Previously I was told by Queensland Transport that I had to get some $550 inspection (plus a safety certificate / roadworthy), and pay stamp duty etc to make sure the car was safe AND not rebirthed / stolen. Swore I'd never do it again.

Addo - yes, I have high standards, but I wouldn't mind a fixer-upper - it'll give me something to do in my spare time coming up in 2017.

That complicated?

My brother transferred his rego there no drama... ah because he was the previous owner..
    pug206gti likes this.

Works: 2003 YV Commodore (That is Cecil to you)
    Playing: R12, SuperPos, thinks It's a race car and Sunny the R12 Lego set.
    Previous: SuperGrumpy fuel spitting 504ti(ish), SuperComfortable 505 STI, SuperDoper carried my groceries Mi16, Choo Choo'd Volvo S40
    Wanted Will hoard 12/15/17 Junk.

"More and more of less and less" - Marina Abramović

Stay clear of Mi16 fixer-uppers. Good trim is so hard to find in S1 models. The door cards lift off and the plastic goes sticky around the radio/ash tray and stalks. Mechanicals are easy. The 2L is a much better car. It looks the same but very few parts are interchangable.
    Greencoupe likes this.

Thread Information