Any suggestions for Dealers in Sydney who might buy Peugeot 1995 ----
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jo proffi

Thread: Any suggestions for Dealers in Sydney who might buy Peugeot 1995 ----

Tadpole

Default Any suggestions for Dealers in Sydney who might buy Peugeot 1995 ----

Hi All,

Ive been trying to sell my Peugeot (put up ad in cars wanted here and in other places) for last few weeks now and am at the point of just going to a secondhand dealer and see what they will offer.

Any thoughts about dealers in Sydney who might be interested, or currently looking to buy second hand pugs?

thanks

Advertisement

Steven

Hello Steven.

regrettably, a '95 car is not really hot property 20 years later, unless it has GTR or STI in its badge.

A dealer will most likely offer you about what a scrap metal merchant would, especialy if it is up for rego soon.
    I'd suggest a few hundred would be their offer on a straight sale, if they even wanted it at all.

You could talk up the performance and safety aspect in your add, and maybe even find a parent who is looking for a banger for their kid. A car like this might be a good compromise between what the parent wants and what the kid wants.

If I were in the market for a car, I'd certainly consider a car like this, but not at the price you are asking.
    The market is telling you this by virtue of the no sale.

There is a stack of room between what you are asking and what the dealer would offer you.
    I'd suggest you explore this area before throwing in the towel.

Jo
    DanielBendigo likes this.

I think Joe is spot on regarding price. A 20 y.o. car French car will most likely be regarded as buying into trouble and expense. Maybe a mechanic familiar with Frenchies could be interested but not at your asking price.

You advert was confusing me whether it had an S16 engine transplant at some point as the N3 XSI came with a 90Kw 8V engine, the S16 a 116Kw 16V engine.

A mate was offered $500 for a low kms 406 diesel at a dealer. He declined and kept it.
    Track car-Steel Grey 405 Mi16 2.2 litre

405 Track car build thread moved to-
    http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index...ic=143279&st=0

Lap times-
    Sandown 1 27.9
    Phillip Island 1 53.8

Previous Frenchies-
    1988 205Gti
    1998 306 GTi6
    1997 306 N5 sedan
    1996 306 N3 XT hatch
    1976 Renault R16TS manual in Avocado
    1976 Renault R16TS manual in Trak Yellow
    1975 Renault 5 Guernsey, Channel Islands
    1972 Renault 4 Guernsey, Channel Islands

Tadpole

thanks for all the feedback froggers. Yea i just looked online and saw a range of prices, but nothing lower then 1500. I was kinda suprised, but hey maybe those cars never sold.

I will change my ad so its clear that its not an S16. The manual that came with it was an S16 manual and from what I could see the spec was almost identical. Thanks for pointing this out.

regards,

Steven

Tadpole

Hi Again,

Also I note on most sites (even insurance sites) this XSI 5D hatch model does not exist. So I either pick S16 or I pick and XT.

Its confusing, but I appreciate you guys know more than me (thats why im here :-) )

The xt is closer. The S16 was the 2 door hot one. It was a rather quick little thing in its day. The xsi was an xt with a body kit and a 2 liter engine. Basically the middle one.
    2011 Renault Koleos manual petrol, yes it's boring, but not as boring as:
    2017 Renault Koleos auto

Quote Originally Posted by cav91 View Post
    The xsi was an xt with a body kit and a 2 liter engine. Basically the middle one.
    Kind of. There was the XR, XT, with the S16 launching a few months later - all in 1994.

The XSi appeared a year later with a 2.0 and man or auto as a top of the 3 model range or "luxury" model, with the S16 as the low volume boy racer. It even had a standard driver's airbag. Very flash for the time.

The XSi was a little too luxury (and pricey) and didn't sell as well as the XR or XT. A bit of a recurring theme with the 3 series cars in Australia
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Tadpole

great advice from everyone. Thanks all.
    I've dropped price right down to 1299 ONO and am now getting a few calls.

Its a great car for what it is and I would like to see it go to someone who will enjoy driving it.

PRICE TO SELL $1,299 ONO - 1995 Peugeot 306 5D Hatchback XSI 2L | Cars, Vans & Utes | Gumtree Australia Botany Bay Area - Botany | 1093677770

Thread Information