205 ignition module wiring
  • Register
  • Help

Default 205 ignition module wiring

out of my 6-pin ignition module plug i'm trying to determine wher eone last wire goes.

From the module to the dizzy is fine, that counts 3.
    From the module to the ignition coil you have '2A', which connects to a socket to the tachy relay, then that extends into '2' which connects to the coil on one side.[on the picture that is the blue wire with the yellow crimp end]
    Then there's the '3' a purple cable which connects to the ig coil on the other terminal, but there is another '3A' that extends out of that and I can't see where it goes. On the schematic it says that is also meant to go to the tachy relay but there is nothing else I can find that it plugs in to in my bay, another haynes schema says that 3A goes into a diagnostic port...
    Another schema says it goes into the instrument cluster (which for some reason I believe the most)
    i don't really believe haynes when it says that such and such schema is for an XU9J1

Advertisement

here's the last most useless photo i ever took before i pulled everything apart.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 205 ignition module wiring-imag0388.jpg  

Your module is BIM 123 ? If not choose the correct number.

http://www.pim-engineering.com/tiedo...ionmodules.pdf

The wire to the cluster is likely the tacho.

What engine do yo have? DFZ or DKZ? Rob is right, and my question is rather academic, there has to be an output from the ignition module to the dash tacho, the only difference between DFZ (early cars) and DKZ (late cars) is that this output is high voltage on early cars and it's a big fat coax wire, which I guess you'd easily recognise hence I suspect you have a late car (or at least engine).
    ACHTUNG ALLES LOOKENPEEPERS

Das computermachine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitssparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken bei das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets-relaxen und watch das blinkenlights.

Mine is a dfz hence the confusion. All the wires are skinny. Looks like there is nothing going to the instrument cluster.. Not that I could see at least.
    Pour le peuple colonisé, la valeur la plus essentielle, parce que la plus concrète, c'est d'abord la terre: la terre qui doit assurer le pain et, bien sûr, la dignité.

Did the tach work ?

Das computermachine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitssparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken bei das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets-relaxen und watch das blinkenlights.

Sure did.
    Pour le peuple colonisé, la valeur la plus essentielle, parce que la plus concrète, c'est d'abord la terre: la terre qui doit assurer le pain et, bien sûr, la dignité.

Maybe the tacho is looped at the input connection of the tachy relay.

After all they connect to the same point on the ign coil.

ok i think it makes sense now, just had a look. Maybe the other end of that purple cable wasn't plugging into anywhere - guess if it mattered i'll find out the hard way.
    That light green cable feeds into some coax looking shielding, so going by schlitz, that has gotta be the tacho.

Rob is right again, the coax cable goes to somewhere else as well, one end goes to the tach, the other one who knows where and they both connect at the module, hence forming just one cable with three ends so to speak.

The other end of the green coax goes to the tachymetric relay.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

Thread Information