Peugeot 308 Locknut replacement.
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By seasink
  • 3 Post By AusGrenouille

Thread: Peugeot 308 Locknut replacement.

Tadpole

Default Peugeot 308 Locknut replacement.

Hey guys,

Advertisement

i noticed my locknut needs replacing the 4 grooves that are suppose to be there is now only 1, anybody know cheaper alternatives on how to obtain a new one? I spoke to a Peugeot Dealer which quoted me $190 dollars for a new one which I thought was pretty steep! Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

1000+ Posts

Is this about mag wheels? If so, do what Citroen owners do - get rid of them.
    Wildebeest, TrinityJayOne and UFO like this.

Tadpole

Default Broken Locknuts

Quote Originally Posted by engzee View Post
    Hey guys,

i noticed my locknut needs replacing the 4 grooves that are suppose to be there is now only 1, anybody know cheaper alternatives on how to obtain a new one? I spoke to a Peugeot Dealer which quoted me $190 dollars for a new one which I thought was pretty steep! Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    I replaced mine with normal nuts after the last tyre change when the gorilla used an impact gun and destroyed them

Don't wait till the head of the stud is so badly deformed that the security nut just slips, no matter how hard you try to keep it in place. If you have already reached that stage the easiest way to get the damaged studs out is to use a cross brace and a scissor jack. Park the car next to a wall and while holding the cross brace in place the jack against the wall and wind it tight, really tight. Remove all the studs and toss them as far as you can and replace with standard studs from a wrecker.
    pug206gti, TrinityJayOne and UFO like this.

It seems that this thread is more about wheel bolts than any sort of locknut. If so there is a similar thread up titled "307 wheel security stud problem" which may be useful if the bolts are the same on a 308 even if if the "stud" reference is incorrect........
    Hugh

Thread Information