P0136 DTC which sensor and where do I get a replacement?
  • Register
  • Help

Default P0136 DTC which sensor and where do I get a replacement?

Hi all my Peugeon/Citreot (206gti with engine from a C5) is showing a p0136 DTC, which is appartently O2 sensor bank 1, sensor 2. Can any knowledgeable froggers out there tell me exactly which sensor this is, and where I can get a replacement? Also, any other possible causes other than a faulty sensor? Thanks in advance!! Cheers, Wiffle :-)

Advertisement

Did you obtain this information from one of the generic services offered by places like Supercheap?

At a guess, downstream oxy sensor but whether it's saying the sensor is stuffed or the catalytic converter is aged excessively, I don't know.

Hey Addo, I got the code direct from my scan tool plugged into the OBD port. Do you mean the sensor below the manifold/exhaust junction? Any other possible causes, like a small leak at the said junction?

The rearmost sensor is likely to be designated "2". Normally there is one immediately behind the catalytic converter.

Quote Originally Posted by addo View Post
    The rearmost sensor is likely to be designated "2". Normally there is one immediately behind the catalytic converter.
    Thanks mate; that'll be the one a mate suggested I change whilst the engine was out, and I chose to ignore him! :-)

Thread Information