Peugeot 206 Gti misfire
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Peugeot 206 Gti misfire

Hi froggers,

My 2001 Peugeot 206 Gti has developed a misfire. It's my daily and travels about 30km a day with no problems at all. When I journeyed a little further than this it started misfiring and a quick jab of the accelerator seemed to fix the problem. Now the next couple of days it ran fine but when it warmed up a little in traffic it started to misfire again which to me sounded worse each time it started to misfire. So thinking it sounded like a spark problem changed the sagem ignition coil and the spark plugs using a good quality plug and an aftermarket ignition coil? It ran really well so took it for a good drive to warm it up and the misfire returned. Not as bad as the original but it's still misfiring. Looking for any advice would be greatly appreciated maybe this has happened to your 206.
    Thanks Froggers.

Advertisement

How many kilometres on it?

Is it thirsty? Does the cooling fan run a lot?

Tadpole

Hi Addo,
    The pug has 120thou isn't thirsty and doesn't overheat! Has always been reliable and even now runs really well until it warms up. It only gets driven to work and was progressively getting worse any suggestions thanks for your time.

Tadpole

Hi frogs,
    Tried the pug again today idled fine for about 10mins no misfire, drove for about 15mins fine then started a little misfire pulled over turned the vehicle off then started and drove fine for about 10 mins then limped home with it misfiring I'm not a mechanic or is this a job for an auto elec could this be a dodgy aftermarket coil runs better than the sagem but still misfiring any one out there had similar issues with their 206? Thanks

Tadpole

Hi,
    Thought this might have been a common problem with the 206 as others are. No lights on the dash come on when it starts misfiring after 15kms. When MAP is disconnected the motor shuts off, disconnect the temp sensor and the fan comes on. Could this be one of the other sensors? Don't really want to drive it as I'm sure it's more than likely going to damage something else. Any help would be greatly appreciated ThAnKs

It doesn't sound like you are very confident in the "dodgy aftermarket coil".

The symptoms seem to suggest a coil pack or perhaps an Oxy sensor (there's possibly two of those - one upstream and one downstream of the cat).

What rpm does the engine get to during these 30km drives where nothing goes wrong?
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Tadpole

Hi since replacing the coil pack the misfire doesn't seem as bad as the original but it still misfires and read that the 206 likes a original or good quality coil pack? The pug gets to around 3-4000 Rpm on its 30km journey to work and back. Has no warning lights on, thanks for your time..

Thread Information