206cc owner
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: 206cc owner

206cc owner

Hi All! My name is Wil, I've just picked up my new peugeot 206cc after a lengthy 5 months wait from the date that I ordered the car. She's my new sexy wife. I've been having a ball with her everyday since I brought her home last week. Luckily, Sydney weather is still warm enough for me to open the hard top. One thing that I didn't like about the car is the automatic gear box. It's very sensitive in both acceleration and deceleration. Otherwords, sometimes she's not 'smooth' in changing gears. Are there any new 206cc owners around?

Advertisement

Hello Wil:

Congratulation to u. 206CC was my top choice where second was 206 GT-I and 307 third. Unfortunately, due to some “domestic” problems, my lovely girlfriend said “no” to any car with less than 4 doors. I picked up my new gold 307 (in manual) just before Christmas. It’s a great car and better than what I have expected. I believe urs is 1.6L. So far I have only one problem, engine vibrates irregularly at idle. Hopes urs will not have this problem.

Back to my home country, Taiwan. 206CC is a very popular car and we do have a Peugeot Club Forum on the internet, but it’s in Chinese. Nevertheless, I could share any info u want to know (include. Potential small problems, what to look out, etc….); just email them to me; I will try my best to get some comments / solutions to u. I am also doing this as my homework on my next second car-it’s going to be 206CC……..!!!

I hope u enjoy the beautiful sunshine from now on. Just watch out for those jealous eyes from the streets…………….Ha!Ha! u are from Sydney where? We might get together some day to share some driving experience!!!!

Cheers
    Gary
    GKOSHU

G'day Gary,

thanks for the tips, I've been trying to look for comments for the 206cc but they are limited. So, how's the new 307? does it really live -up to what they said on the advertisement.....'European Car of the year'?

Wil

G'Day, Wil:

How's ur 206CC?

I have found a great 206cc web site (problems sharing, forum.....etc). But my compute crashed last night and I didn't have a chance to bookmark it. Don't worry, I will find it for u!

cheers
    Gary
    GKOSHU

Tadpole
    Hi Wil,

I'm new in this forum, but what I know about the 206 A/T is back in my origin country(Indonesia).

What we have there is 206 1.4L A/T the first 206 A/T is have a Sagem ECU & under engine brake is make explosion sound. And also make very heavy engine brake.

And the second production is use Magnetti Marrelli ECU is not make any problem.

I don't know is it same problem as your 206cc

Regards,

Rian

Hi Rian,

i think my car is in the second production batch. the gearbox is a bit smoother now (probably it's like a baby.......need times to learn your driving pattern).

So, what's your ride?

Luckily, there's no leak from my roof yet....

Wil

I believe the 206CC auto would have a similar driving experience to the 1.6 5 door auto in terms of powertrain behaviour.

One thing I have to say is that the transmission in the 206s that we tried reminded me of a Scania bus. Whilst not rough, the gearbox seemed a bit odd in the way it downchanged as you slowed down, and you felt it, as if it was trying to give you engine braking.

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

1000+ Posts
    Pug307,

I thought virtually all modern auto transmissions change down the gears as you slow down, in order to give you engine braking.

Our 1991 XM V6 certainly does! An example is if you're going along at 80 and brake, it'll downchange to third, and when you pass through maybe 40-50 it'll downchange to second and then to first. It's noticable, but really only by watching the tacho.

Derek.

I know for a fact the Series 1 405 Auto's do the same !

Ben
    1989 Peugeot 405 Mi16
    1990 Peugeot 505 GTD Turbo Wagon
    2000 Peugeot 306 XSI
    1973 Peugeot 504 GL

My 1998 306 changes down as road speed slows - it's great if you see a red light early enough, just take your foot off the accelerator and the car slows gradually, then apply brake at last minute (brakes are close to worn & I'm trying to get a little more life out of them! )

penelope_s

I should've made myself a tad clearer

What I meant was that the Peugeot autos have very downshifts during braking that are very noticeable, and this is especially compounded by the fact that the 206 engine isn't the most refined. As I said, it reminds me of a Scania bus. Most gearboxes would shift down as you slow down, but not in a manner that would induce engine braking. I haven't ever been in any other European, Japanese or Australian car that does this.

Didn't one of the local Aussie magazines describe the so called adaptive box in the 406 as being somewhat deficient in "IQ". I suppose the French aren't the autobox experts around anyway - ever driven a Clio Automatic? Very strange, very strange.

[ 18 March 2002: Message edited by: Pug307 ]</p>

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

[quote]Originally posted by DeKa:
    <strong>Pug307,

I thought virtually all modern auto transmissions change down the gears as you slow down, in order to give you engine braking.
    </strong><hr></blockquote>

Only Pugs, Renos and Cits do the auto-tranny engine braking in 'D' as far as I know.
    I've driven heaps of other modern automatics (BM's, Mercs, Volvos, Toyotas, Nissans, Holdens, Fords, Jags, Hondas, Mazdas....) and they won't shift down through the gears while braking unless you give them a poke with the selector.
    Must be a French thing.

Edit: Actually, I recall reading somewhere (Wheels?) that the Audi A4 would downshift on braking too.

[ 20 March 2002: Message edited by: Jez 405 ]</p>
    1987 Peugeot 205 GTI S1
    1996 Jaguar XJR X300
    1991 Honda VT250 Spada
    1992 Peugeot 405 S (R.I.P. 31/07/2005)

Hi Gary,
    That wasn't your car I saw on Mona Vale Rd on Thursday evening with a tow truck?
    A distressed looking lady was talking with the driver & the gold 307 was on the foot path.

No, it was not me. My car was in the garage that night. Another Gold 307, strange, I have seen 5 307 (2.0L and 1.6L) and non of them were gold. I though I am the only Gold on the street. Gold 307 is not an official colour in 307 ranges; it’s a special order colour for 307.
    GKOSHU

Sahara (Gold) is only available on the 307 XSE (ie. in stock). It's pretty much a standard colour At the moment [shock, horror] Silver is the most popular, followed by black. Cherry Red (solid colour) is the slowest mover.

You can order any colour you want really, but you'll have to wait 3-4 months. If you like silver, you can choose from 2, if you like blue, there's 4 to choose from. There's 3 greens & 3 reds as well

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

Sahara Yellow is the color either u hate it or love it. Therefore, it's not really a popular color and that's why Peugeot doesn't put Sahara Yellow as a standard color in their brochure and web site. The Sydney batch which included my car has only 2 Golds. Most of them were silver, black and blue. In the 02/02/2002 Wheel magazine, they have group test drive on Honda Civic, Toyota Corolla, and Peugeot 307. The 307 was a Diablo Red, I believed. It looked so much different to the same color in 206Gt-i under bright sun.

Gary
    GKOSHU

I like Sahara Yellow, but it looks different everywhere you see it. My only worry is resale. They had a Sahara 307 in the Jan edition of Wheels & the Diablo Red car in the Feb edition. Diablo Red seems quite a popular colour to review, read an NZ magazine that had the same colour.

The difference between Sahara Yellow and other non standard colours is that they don't bring the colours in at all unless they are requested. That Aegean Blue photo that I posted a little while ago is the only Aegean Blue car in the country (brought in for evaluative purposes) according to Peugeot.

China Blue is a funny thing. Looks nothing like the car configurators online, and most of the photos look wrong as well China Blue on the 307 also looks a bit different to China Blue on the 206 (which looks great in bright sunlight, or dim carpark light).

Silver always works. Makes it look exclusive. Wonder why every car on the VW stand in Melbourne this year was in Silver

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

Justin:

U are picking ur car up in a few weeks time, and now u are worrying about its resale price? If u are really like the color, go for it. Never get China Blue for any Peugeot Cars. They just don't match, in my opinion. Aegean Blue was my top choice, but they didn’t have it.

Gary
    GKOSHU

Hahah,

It's a China Blue 307 - decided on that a while ago Sahara Yellow is only available in the 2.0 XSE anyway. Aegean Blue is available, but as I said - special order.

You have to bear these things in mind anyway. Exotic colours can go out of fashion, and make life hell when you're trying to sell it.

Cheers,

Justin

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

Hi Guys,

what about the 'moonstone' colour. i've got it on my 206cc and it looks great....... at night it looks like silver, at daytime, it looks sky blue.............

Petty thu, the moonstone colour wasn't available for the 307.

Wil

Our current 405 is china blue & in future I will be avoiding this colour or anything darker.
    Very hard to keep clean!
    Apart from that, in direct sunlight you can see all the imperfections EASILY. Swirl marks, little scratches etc.
    You have to be careful with bird poo on a hot day.
    There are 2 bird poo damged areas on our paint work (from previous owner).
    Having said all this, it does look great when polished up.

I couldn’t agree more with GibGib. China Blue only looks good under good polishing. But be honest, how many people do polish their car once a week. The weather in Australia have became unstable recently, and also heavily polluted air quality. Light or bright colours are the best choices especially in direct sunlight you cannot see all the imperfections easily. Swirl marks, little scratches etc. One drawback, well-polished silver, gold, and moonstone surface won’t give u the mirror effect like china blue and black do.
    GKOSHU

Just out of interest, how much is the option of an automatic gearbox on a 206CC in Oz?

Over here nearly all cars come with manual boxes as standard & auto boxes are an expensive optional extra!

As for car colours, the 307 is popular over here in silver, china blue & a God awful lime green type shade!
    106GTI - Road Legal Go-Kart!

In Australia, 206CC 1.6L man. is AU$35,990 (plus on-road costs), 206CC 1.6L auto is extra $2000. 206CC 2.0L man is AU$39,990 (plus on-road costs).

Gary
    GKOSHU

it will be bloody fantastic if you are allow to choose your own colour(any colour) for your car, the colour which suits your own personality or something which is unique apart from the factory ones............i once saw a modified Honda which has been resprayed into a dark purple colour and under different angles of sunlight, the colour can change to dark green, black, metallic purple........how cool is that.

In Sydney, a full re-spray job starts from $1500 and can up to $4-5000 depends on colour and applications.

Just imagine 'Pick your own wild/unique colour' (apart from the factory colours) is one of the option that you can choose for your new car.

Wil

Thread Information