Seat repair - suggestions please
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default Seat repair - recommendation

I've got a '92 205 GTI with half leather seats. One of the seams has split on the driver's seat (the stitching has gone, not the leather) and I'd like to get a good repair. Please can anyone recommend a place to get this done? (in the Sydney area).

Advertisement
    Last edited by 106 Rallye; 8th June 2004 at 09:48 PM.

Fellow Frogger!

As I do not live in Sydney I cannot reccomend a reapairer, similar things has happened to the seat(s) in my 92 205 GTi, but on closer inspection the padding has gone in the leather bolsters and the backrest is starting to come undone and the passenger seat also neats a little attention, it's not as bad as it seems but I have been quoted $400 from about 4 different trim shops. Pricey but then there's alot of stiching and stuffing to do hopefully someone from Sydney will reccomend a reapirer, if not grab the yellow pages and get a few quotes and ask to see examples of their work and go with the one that spends a bit of time looking at the seat and explaining what they will do to reapair it.
    05' Megane 225 Cup

1000+ Posts

We use Dennis Marsh at AA Motor Trimming in Granville for all our stuff. He did a marvelous job with a similar thing on our 504. He completely rebuilt some truck seats for us recently too.

Phone 9637 4691
    Tell him Phil/Derek from Rock Around The Block sent you (he was in here the other day).

Derek

Fellow Frogger!

Default Top class upholstery repair

I took the 205 to AA Trimming on Saturday to have the drivers seat repaired where a seam had split, and they did a superb repair. Can't recommend them highly enough from this experience. For $160 they took the seat apart, replaced some of the leather sections which they found were past it, restiched the seam, welded the frame (a problem they spotted when they took the seat apart), sorted out the cover of the seat base and built up the padding in the side bolsters. And it is a top class job (not often I say that as I'm a fussy beggar about the car!).
    Dennis Marsh, AA Trimming, Granville, NSW 9637 4691

Thread Information